• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Almost every one we've had at our range failed one way or another, mostly failure to lock back with a variety of TRAINED shooters on last round and failure to feed. One or two did okay, but they also seemed INCREDIBLY sensitive to limp wristing. Not something I want in a defensive arm where my grip on the stock of the weapon may be less than ideal (weak hand, injury, etc...).

Great concept, almost like a poly framed Officer's 1911, but just can't seem to get it right... Others with sample sizes of one may have different views and YMMV...

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I had one for awhile, liked it, ran everything I put in it.

If you end up with one, I highly recommend the Pierce grip +0 mag base plates.

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I had one for awhile, liked it, ran everything I put in it.

If you end up with one, I highly recommend the Pierce grip +0 mag base plates.

I agree with this 100%. Never had a problem with one, ate everything I gave it, ball, aggressive hollow points, etc. Never ran steel cased through it, though.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Had one for a short period thinking surely I'd like it as much or better than my XDS 45. I was sorely mistaken. For whatever reason I noticed lots more perceived recoil with the 36 vs the XDS. I loved how it carried and fit my hand, but not one I enjoyed shooting. So, it went away.

All that being said I experienced no functional issues. And my wife who typically can run into limp wrist issues had no issues either.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I've shot a couple that I liked (only shot 230gr ball through it). Haven't bought one yet. I have a 30 that I'd trade for one if that tells you anything. I prefer the narrower frame of the 36 over the 21/30 size frames and slides.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I've had mine for about 3 years now and never had a problem. I've even ran a lot of steel through it. Carried it all day today and forgot it was there.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This thread is sounding about like most threads I have found online about the 36. It seems it is a love it or hate kind of pistol. I like the way it fits my hand and I am used to Glocks and from what I have seen and heard the "baby" Glocks all seem to be very sensitive to limp wristing issues. It seems the 36 did suffer from a few issues with the recoil springs when it was first released but it seems like from what I have heard most of the recent issues lye with the shooter not the gun itself.

Recoil has never bothered me in handguns so I don't foresee any issues there. Limpwristing is not typical for me either but it is possible with anyone, injury scenario or what not, so maybe that will be an issue. I think I'm just gonna have to get one and make my own conclusions.

I have noticed one common theme and that is that most people regret selling their G36 but never seem to buy another favoring instead the G30S.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I had one for a few years. Yes you had to have a firm grip or issues happened due to limpwristing. It was more comfortable to carry than my G23. I ended up selling it to purchase a Kahr CW45 and I am happy I did.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As I told you yesterday, kawtech87, I never would've gotten rid of mine had I not decided to get out of .45ACP entirely. Never had any function issues with mine; it was a nice little gun.

aescsar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2014
    Bedford
    It was the first .45acp I bought because it fit my hands really well. I've never had any issue with mine. I heard all of the concerns before I bought it, but mine has never had an issue.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    As I told you yesterday, kawtech87, I never would've gotten rid of mine had I not decided to get out of .45ACP entirely. Never had any function issues with mine; it was a nice little gun.

I believed you and still do. Otherwise I wouldn't have put it in layaway. ;) I just like getting as many opinions as possible on a new piece of gear.

Top Bottom