• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tackleman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I just purchased a Glock 34 and installed a LWD threaded barrel with comp. Trying to find out what bullet weight is best, with cast lead reloads. Going to buy molds. I am open for suggestions.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just purchased a Glock 34 and installed a LWD threaded barrel with comp. Trying to find out what bullet weight is best, with cast lead reloads. Going to buy molds. I am open for suggestions.

I've had best luck in 9mm Lone Wolf barrels with 120 to 125 grain lead bullets, like some of the molds Lee sells.

I like to use 147 grain but there seems to be stability issues with them, there is a velocity sweet spot though, once you find that for your barrel twist you'll be fine.

Keep an eye on bullet diameter, if you get too much under .356" leading and poor accuracy will become a problem.

Also, make sure you cast all 9mm bullets as hard as you can, I suggest adding some of this:
    Super Hard Alloy Ingot (30%-Antimony, 70%-Lead)
    A little bit goes a long ways.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I use a LWD barrel in my G26. It's tight in chamber space. My cast 125 gr RN are 0.357 diameter, slug your barrel and try to cast 1 or 2 thousandth over. For mine the OAL can't be more than 1.120 or else the slide won't go to full battery. Use your barrel as a gauge to set your maximum OAL. The Glock 34 is on my list, but so is a lot of other things.

Top Bottom