• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I will be going in for my LTCH appointment in another week and a half. I went with a G26 for home protection and carrying once the license comes through.

I was hoping for some input from people who ankle carry a G26 as well, specifically someone smaller. Unfortunately, I am only 5'6", so I was hoping for advice from men or women who are similar in height. I realize that a G26 is far from perfect for an ankle carry, but that's what I've gone with.

What model ankle holsters have you found worked best from a comfort standpoint?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just got the Fobus ankle holster in the mail yesterday for my G27 (same size as the G26). I haven't got to try it in the real world yet, but it feel pretty comfortable and seems like it will work fine on those occasions when I need to use it.

JeremyVG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    James,
    I'm guessing by your username you're in the NW corner of the state. If you're interesting in looking at my holster, let me know.

If you come by one of the area IDPA shoots (MCRC or North Porter), I'd be more than happy to let you try it out while you're at the match.

Jeremy

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Follow up question for "rmcrob" (or anyone who can answer) ---- how do you like the Fobus ankle holster for the "baby" Glock? With warmer weather coming I'd like to switch to ankle carry but am concerned my G26 may be too big for comfortable carry. Guess I could go with my Sig P230 but I'd rather have 10+1 rounds of 9mm. Thanks.......

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Follow up question for "rmcrob" (or anyone who can answer) ---- how do you like the Fobus ankle holster for the "baby" Glock? With warmer weather coming I'd like to switch to ankle carry but am concerned my G26 may be too big for comfortable carry. Guess I could go with my Sig P230 but I'd rather have 10+1 rounds of 9mm. Thanks.......

I carry my Glock 33 (same size as 26) in a Fobus all the time...I love it, I like it better than my old Galco ankle glove. I've carried (at least a back up) in an ankle holster for almost 15 years now and the Fobus is the best and most comfortable. I carry my Kahr PM40 in one as well.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have to say, I usually carry a .38 airweight if I am going the ankle route, but have tried my G27 multiple times now. I have tried two different holsters, and of the two, the plain old Uncle Mike's cheapy was the most comfortable and seemed to conceal better. I am interested in the fobus, but hadn't heard any feedback on their ankle product. I may have to look into that again!

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I carry my 26 in a Fobus on my ankle. I've not had any problems with it carrying on or off duty. I usually wear some sort of flip flop sandals when I'm not working in the summer with jeans and still can wear the fobus without socks. It tightens up great against my ankle and feels comfortable.

EvilleFirepower

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    I carry my glock 30 (Yes, 10+1 230 gr.) when I have to go shirt tucked with a fobus ankle holster. Its not that bad. Of course I'm 6'2" and most of my pants are a little baggy around the ankles. I have actually run for short distances with it on. Good retention, smooth draw. I will say that it takes some getting used to. Start out in the evenings with just the holster for a couple of hours for a few days (so it conforms to your ankle). Then wear it with the gun for a couple hours at a time. If you go out for an all day trip right off the bat you will be miserable.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    bcsd372, I still haven't given it a fair shake. I have only played around with it. I've found that I have no trouble carrying IWB most of the time. If I go on an extended driving trip, I'll probably give the ankle holster a good try and write an AAR.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use a Renegade holster, which is made for the G26, for my G36. Seems to work well. Good elastic strap and soft holster. Mine has a velcro retention strap. Supposed to be one of the most comfortable ankle holsters on the market.

Renegade "Cozy Partner" Ankle Holsters

or you can buy direct from them:

Renegade Holster and Leather Co.
    P.O. Box 31546
    Phoenix, AZ 85046
    3711 E Gelding Dr
    Phoenix, AZ 85032
    (602) 482-6777

Here is a pic of one for a revolver.

ren0001.jpg

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Ok, so I just looked up the Fobus to see how much it would cost and get some details. As I had mentioned, I was interested but wasn't sure of performance. As I was looking at it, it doesn't appear to have any upper leg support?? Most ankle holsters I use have a strap that runs up the leg a bit and provides addtional support for the piece and prevents it from sliding down the leg too far. Does this not have that? Has anyone had problems with the holster sliding down to the top of your foot?

Thanks for the feedback!

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    No upper leg suport on the Fobus. I've never had a problem with it sliding down to the top of my foot, even when wearing it without socks and flip flops. I think it's a pretty good holster.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    None of the Fobus ankle holsters I've had have slid down. You'll just have to cut some of the extra velcro band off to be most comfortable. Just don't cut too much so that the hard part of the velcro is exposed or it will catch on your pants.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I use a Renegade holster, which is made for the G26, for my G36. Seems to work well. Good elastic strap and soft holster. Mine has a velcro retention strap. Supposed to be one of the most comfortable ankle holsters on the market.

Renegade "Cozy Partner" Ankle Holsters

or you can buy direct from them:

Renegade Holster and Leather Co.
    P.O. Box 31546
    Phoenix, AZ 85046
    3711 E Gelding Dr
    Phoenix, AZ 85032
    (602) 482-6777

Here is a pic of one for a revolver.

ren0001.jpg
    :+1:ADCO firearms sells them too

Broncomansam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    I carry my glock 30 (Yes, 10+1 230 gr.) when I have to go shirt tucked with a fobus ankle holster. Its not that bad. Of course I'm 6'2" and most of my pants are a little baggy around the ankles. I have actually run for short distances with it on. Good retention, smooth draw. I will say that it takes some getting used to. Start out in the evenings with just the holster for a couple of hours for a few days (so it conforms to your ankle). Then wear it with the gun for a couple hours at a time. If you go out for an all day trip right off the bat you will be miserable.

I also wear a glock 30 on my ankle, I originally bought the holster for my 26, and upgraded to the 30. I use a blackhawk holster and love it.

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    ankle carry

i carry a glock 27 daily on the ankle, with afew different brands, and i`ll say the most comfortable was the cheapest uncle mikes.

Top Bottom