• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Does anyone have much experience with the Glock 23?

I'm considering purchasing one in great condition for $400, including a Lone Wolf barrel, that I was told can be used with reloaded ammunition. Unsure how many mags it would come with, but at least 1.

I was thinking about using it for a concealed carry weapon, but I haven't had a chance to hold it yet and don't know how big it's going to be. I also have fairly small hands, so I'm worried that I won't be able to grip it well.

So does this sound like a decent deal? I've read that these have pretty heavy recoil, what do you guys think? And do any of you carry these concealed?

Also, what preferences do you Glock fans have regarding the 23 vs. the 21?

Thanks!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't but I wish I did.

I have a 22 and a 27, so you can see I like the .40 SW. The 27 is my every day carry.

The reason I don't have a 23 yet is because I HAVE to have it in OD, and that's like finding free money right now. From what I do know, though, the 23 would make a fine carry pistol.

As far as the Lone Wolf barrel goes, I have one in my 22 and also one in my 21SF. I like the barrels and wouldn't have any hesitation because of it. What happened to the original barrel?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Take it! That is a great price. I love my 23 and can not say nicer things than that.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I have heard the Glock 23 requires a little more range time due to the snappy recoil but that it is certainly manageable with a little practice. It's heresay, so YMMV.

I carried the G19 for years, and now have a G38...both the same size. I have a crossbreed super-tuck and swear by them. My favorite size because it's small enough to conceal, but I can get all my fingers on them. I just hate having my pinky off on the sub-compacts, and don't like the mag extensions (why not go up a size).

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i would be all over this! i have been looking at .40 for a CCW and i'm really interested in trying out the Glock 23. i haven't tried to find anyone local who owns it to try though.

right now i'm living in Morrisville, NC, but i'm originally from Peru, IN.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I appreciate all of the replies.

It comes with the Lone Wolf barrel as a second barrel. It's going to include the original as well I believe, but the man I am buying from uses reloaded ammunition and said the Lone Wolf barrel is better suited for that.

So those of you who carry a similar sized pistol, what type of holster do you think best conceals it?

Also, have any of you had any experience with the 22 conversion kits for these?

Edit: I found that Super-Tuck and it looks pretty slick. I may check those out further.

Last edited:

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    I carry a glock 23 I love it. It is light weight and very accurate. I also carry a glock 30 and find the 23 much easier to carry but thats just my :twocents:

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I carry a Glock 23 when I can wear enough to conceal it and deep concealment isn't a priority (I'm 5'11" 145lbs). It still hides pretty well in my Comp-Tac C-TAC. Recoil is a bit snappy with carry ammo. With some trigger time it's no big deal, but if you're not an experienced shooter, I'd probably recommend a Glock 19 in 9mm instead. I own both a G19 and a G23, but I find 9mm much more pleasant to shoot.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    LOVE my 23. best all around pistol you can ask for IMO. great to carry, accurate, hi-capacity, and powerful. wouldn't have anything else if i could only have 1 gun.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would buy it if you dont like the 40 cal get a diff barrel 9 mm and magscit will fit that frame and then you would have 2 guns in diff calibers
    also look at Rookies IWB holsters on this sight they are similar to a crossbreed and a lot cheaper

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    G23

out of my G19 G26 G23 G27 XD9 and Taurus 605 .357, the G23 is by far my favorite. Very accurate, Glock reliability and the perfect size for everyday carry. Ive got more than 3,000 rounds through my G23 with zero issues and ill say it again I am VERY accurate with it. Very good gun and especially at the price youve listed.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    You haven't gotten any negative responses yet. Does that tell you anything? You wont hear anything negative about a G-23 from me either. I have one and love it. A really nice thing about Glock in general is that parts are available virtually everywhere to customize them to your exact taste. The extra barrel with your deal, if in good shape, adds about $100 bucks of value. Take a look at a G-27 if you still want a smaller size and prefer the .40 caliber.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Love my 23!

My 23 is my first handgun and it's a blast to shoot. I'm not the most accurate shot but I'm getting better each trip. You can't go wrong.

I'm looking at a conversion barrel as well to shoot 9mm and save some money.

Just do it!

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I love my 23 and I carry a 27 when it is warmer out but not that big of a difference. I carry mine in either a safariland OWB or a don hume IWB. the don hume IWB works great for me and my 23. I am about 5'10" and 216 so i don't have mauch issue with concealing it. I would highly recomend it.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have carried a G23 as my duty gun for 8 of my almost 12 years as a cop. All of those 8 years with the G23 were by my choice. The first 5 years were because the department I worked for required us to provide our own guns and the 23 was my choice. The other years, I switched from a Sig P229 to the G23. It just feels better in my hand than anything else and I shoot better with it. By shooting better, I don't mean to imply that I can shoot the a** out of gnat with it, but in a combat situation it is better than ANYTHING else I have ever shot. As far as a concealed holster........no recomendations here as I carry a G27 off duty.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Like the others, the G23 is the pistol I've carred the most. It's utterly reliable and a good shooter. I would suggest you get night sights if it doesn't have them.

I use a C-Tac holster and like it very much. The newer M-Tac (same company) would be a great choice. The leather backing is a bit more comfortable for me. Remember to get a good belt that is made for carrying a firearm. Makes a huge difference.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

Top Bottom