• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I bought a Glock 23 in .40 caliber, 7 month old gun, I shot it today and the first 13 round clip had Winchester white box loads in it, the 3rd shell did not eject and gun jammed, I tapped clip, attempted to rack slide but ended up yanknig spent round out by hand, rest of clip fired flawlessly, I inserted 2nd clip loaded with Blazer Brass (same grain as WWB) and it fired all 13 round just fine, I ran 26 more rounds od Blazer Brass thru it just fine, anyone else notice their Glock finicky on some ammo?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe because you're using clips instead of magazines?? :D:D

Most people will tell you Glocks will feed everything. I'd look over the magazine.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nope. My 19 will fire anything I feed it, even that steel cased Russian crap. Any possibility of limp wristing on the one round?

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Not a chance on the wrist thing (I can't even say it) after 25 years on the Rock working steel I hope I can handle a little report from a .40, and "clip" is what we red necks call em!:):

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Is the gun brand new or new to you? The mag springs may be week. Also may have been a low powder charge in that round that didnt eject. One thing is for sure, Blazer worked keep shooting. Its cheaper to buy 2 50rd boxes of Blazer than the 100rd "value pack" of Winchester WB...

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Dont sweat it probably just a bad piece of brass or something ! People will swear that Glocks never fail but anything that is a machine can and will fail at some piont !! Never had a ftf or fte with my Glock or my XD . Heard neither like wolf to much so I put about 500rds. of it through both no poblems . But that being said I will no own a weapon that wont eat anything I choose to feed it . I wouldnt worry about it .:twocents:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    bradp, u may have it, I do tend to hold underneath with the left hand while shooting, I will be more cognizant of my grip next time, again from all the reports on Glocks I do not expect it to happen again but I have heard glowing reports on certain brands before only to be disappointed. My first Glock though and I am learning!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    WWB has had some QC issues, did you happen to save the brass that malfunctioned? Id' say ammo or mag are the two most common causes of malfunctions, I wouldn't worry about it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    It's also entirely possible one of the value packed WWB rounds was just bad....
    I'd do more shooting before assuming the firearm was at fault.

paulgl26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    did you check the piece of brass that caused the problem
    i have a couple in the garage that the brass is bent so much it would not even go in the mag(new wwb)

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    searching for threads with Blazer in them because

I was searching for threads with Blazer in them because I had almost the oppisite thing happen today. NIB glock34 the WWB and Remington UMC feed fine but the Blazer seemed to light of load. 3-4 misfeed and 3-4 time after last round slide did not lock back. Sucks since Blazer is cheaper.

Top Bottom