• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    ok i got this glock about thanksgiving time and i think it was an leo trade in i have put a thousand rounds through it with no problems but yesterday when i got back from the range and was cleaning it i noticed that the front sight is loose and i think its time for new sights. So should i send it back to glock or should i just take it to a gunsmith. I was thinking sending it back to glock to have them go over it. Also what sites do you guys recomend.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    IMO, Glocks are simple enough to work on at a basic shop. Don't even bother sending it in - it'd take way too long. Any good armorer (and there's a TON of them) can give it a going over, plus swap sights, in no time at all..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hour and a half from Indy - Rensselaer area, maybe? I know Shogun Gunsmith in Monon can do it. Diamond V in Delphi can, and Ace & Rico in Lafayette would be up there too..

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    what is your main use for this gun, carry, range, home defense? i like trijicon sights myself, but i would not recomend them if this is a range only gun.

also, i agree with the previous posts. i would just find a glock armoror in your area to do this for you.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    it may be a good idea to send it to Glock to have it check out, not necessary but peace of mind. as for sights locally is the best way to go just in case you need anything after the purchase without shipping involved.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page is where I buy all my Glock stuff from...they have about the best prices anywhere and if you have any questions, just give them a call...they've always answered ALL of my questions right on the spot. I've been using them since 2003.

They have OEM Glock Night Sights (made by Meprolight) and they'll drop right in...any Glock Armorer can pop those in in less than 2 minutes...or you can do them yourself (be careful though).

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    my everything gun self defense home defense

if you want night sights then i would recomend trijicons or meprolights. if you do not want night sights then i would just go for a set of the steel factory sights. good luck in your decision and congrats on the g22

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    You can also send your slide into Glock and have them put a set of factory ones in if you want the finish on the sights to match the slide.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm a fan of the factory sights.

You're also well on your way to 50 posts! :D

And my post is somewhat ironic, considering the very act of posting it gives me another post. Does that make me a PW? Nah. Since I put this explanation after it, there's some substance. More substance, in fact, than every single one of your posts so far.

Happy surfing in the classifieds! :laugh:

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    Changing the sights is so easy. If you don't have the tools they are a good investment. I really prefer the night sights from Ameriglo. They offer yellow rear tubes which really make the front sight stand out.

Top Bottom