• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audie1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Has anyone had trouble with the magazines not droppingout of the gun correctley when empty? Or any other trouble with them?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Mine has the Ambi Mag Drop & I find that using the right side instead of the "normal" left side works better. I don't use it for an EDC, so I haven't had the Mag Release swapped out for the non-Ambi.

If that isn't your issue, please try to be more specific...

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have never seen an issue with the G21SF and magazines dropping free. Evansville PD has 300 of these weapons and I have ran qualifications multiple times using these weapons. They are just as reliable as the G21s that they replaced.

We had a few standard G21's that had broken frame rails in the rear. Even with the broken rails the guns continued to run 100% and the issue was discovered at armorers inspection. If I recall these were all SWAT guns with high round counts. Glock replaced them without issue. This was a known issue with E series guns, but ours were DVP prefix guns. My DVP G21 had probably 25k through it with no issues. My current G21SF is well over 2500rds with no issues.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That was one of the reasons the Indiana State Police are moving away from Glock 21s. The drop free mag issue is a big one with them and too many G21s failed in that respect. I don't own a G21, but I do have a G29 that does not drop mags free. I also own and carry CZ 75s, so it does not bother me too much.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom