• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Now before anyone says "Throw away the Glock and buy a ...", it's not gonna happen. If S&W or Springfield made a new 10mm, then I might think about it! So, my recent made G19 throws brass in my face about once every other magazine. It does have the extractor with the "dip" in the top. Other than the annoyance of being brass-slapped once in awhile, I have had zero malfunctions in aproximately 500 rounds. Is this something that can be fixed/replaced by a Glock armorer? Does it have to be shipped to Glock for an updated extractor? Or will it go away with more rounds down the pipe? Thanks in advance.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    My G17 was doing it when it was new, I detail stripped it, cleaned out behind the extractor and removed all the oil that was there from the factory (presumably for protection during shipping); ever since it's been 100% problem free. Any armorer can detail strip and clean it up for you and have it all back together in a very short amount of time.

Many folks are big on sending it back to Glock right away but if a simple detail strip cleaning can solve it, then why go through all the hassle.:twocents:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Contact a Glock armorer in your area and ask him to get the upgrades for your model and install them. I do it for free but I have no idea what other armorers charge. Glock will only send the parts to a Certified Glock Armorer.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wouldn't waste the time and money to send it to glock. Find the part and do it yourself, it is super simple.

That being said, it may or may not help your problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Contact a Glock armorer in your area and ask him to get the upgrades for your model and install them. I do it for free but I have no idea what other armorers charge. Glock will only send the parts to a Certified Glock Armorer.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

I second that. You need the new extractor and perhaps the new 9mm ejector too. Glock will ship to an Armorer. But I'd recommend sending the gun back to the factory.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    I wouldn't waste the time and money to send it to glock. Find the part and do it yourself, it is super simple.

That being said, it may or may not help your problem.

Yes, it is an easy job to install the parts yourself, but let's not forget that some manufacturers will void your warranty if you perform such labor yourself... that and as you said, it may or may not help the problem.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    Update: I called Glock today, they've had my Gen 3 19 for a solid week, so I figure I'd bug them and ask if they've even looked at it.

The tech said they shipped my 19 yesterday after replacing the extractor, ejector, recoil spring and running 4 mags through it.

I'll update when I get it back.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Update: I called Glock today, they've had my Gen 3 19 for a solid week, so I figure I'd bug them and ask if they've even looked at it.

The tech said they shipped my 19 yesterday after replacing the extractor, ejector, recoil spring and running 4 mags through it.

I'll update when I get it back.

I'm in an earlier stage of this ^^

Just got word back from Glock that they're sending me a shipping label to send it back to them - I fully expect that I'll get the same outcome: new extractor, ejector, and possibly RSA.

I'd already tried a new extractor and stronger extractor plunger spring to no avail.

Some of the more popular parts suppliers (Midway, LWD, GlockParts) are all back ordered on new Gen4 9mm trigger housings that have the new ejector (marked 30274). Your other option is to wait for them to come into stock (most of those sites project mid-June) and do the ejector swap yourself - I've heard a bunch of folks on other forums say that solved their issue before everything ran out. (To clarify: you can't use the entire housing from Gen4, just the ejector itself.)

That said, it's probably faster to have a local armorer do it if they can get the part faster. I'm in no hurry, so I'm just gonna let the folks in Smyrna handle it - I've heard stories of people ending up with some extra mags, so since they're payin' for the round trip, why the heck not, right? :dunno:

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    Just got it back. Ejector is marked 336, extractor appears to be the same style as before (sloped), the recoil spring looks same as before (not dual springs of gen4). No magical extra mags, no sorry, just a receipt stating

"INSPECTED
    UPGRADED
    MEETS FACTORY SPECS
    TEST FIRED OK."

This doesn't give me confidence, but I'll take it to the range tomorrow and verify if it's fixed or not.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Just got it back. Ejector is marked 336, extractor appears to be the same style as before (sloped), the recoil spring looks same as before (not dual springs of gen4). No magical extra mags, no sorry, just a receipt stating

"INSPECTED
    UPGRADED
    MEETS FACTORY SPECS
    TEST FIRED OK."

This doesn't give me confidence, but I'll take it to the range tomorrow and verify if it's fixed or not.

I will be interested to hear your report from the range... I'm still waiting for my shipping label - at this point I may just try to source the ejector itself and try that out before I send it off... if the label ever does show up.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

"INSPECTED
    UPGRADED
    MEETS FACTORY SPECS
    TEST FIRED OK."

deja vu.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting_sports/183441-new_production_gun-6.html

-rvb

Tronix3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Let me know how that goes. I have never had problems with Glock customer service, but I have also never had problems with GLock

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    Update: Long story short, it's not fixed. 8 rounds in to my first mag, took one to the forehead, then proceeded to rage quit my range session.

+1 for Kodiak Range, they let me try out an M&P9 for free to use the basically full hour of shooting I had left.

+1 for Titus Firearms, for taking back the Glock and ordering me an M&P9c... and for laughing at the video of me getting brass in my face.

-2 for Glock. One for letting garbage out the door, another one for not fixing the issue.

I'm pretty frustrated with it all and really disappointed because I did like the Glock 19... I just can't in good faith carry it knowing it could blind myself or my family members (hold an infant in one hand or shield my wife, ya know?).

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Well, that's disheartening to say the least.

I just got notice that the Gen4 Trigger housings with the 30274 ejectors are back in stock at MidwayUSA - so, while waiting for a shipping label that may never appear - I've ordered 1.

I'll swap it out and report back, in case anyone is interested in that approach.

I'm not quite ready to write this one off just yet.

:n00b:

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Do you remember what the serial number prefix was on the G19?

I ask because I'm having ejection issues with a recent Glock 19 purchase of mine. Mine is TBT ### :noway:

Top Bottom