• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    There was a video floating around either on here, or Glock forum, showing people hunting with Glocks. They were taking out deer with the 10mm. It was a pretty cool video too. Cant remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone on here that knows the video I'm talking about will probably post a link.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    deer hunting with 10MM

Yes, I am sure that would work but is it legal in INDIANA?
    There was a video floating around either on here, or Glock forum, showing people hunting with Glocks. They were taking out deer with the 10mm. It was a pretty cool video too. Cant remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone on here that knows the video I'm talking about will probably post a link.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Oh Im sorry, I forgot to mention that I have no idea about that. I won't even try to tackle that question. I dont want to give out any wrong or bad info, but I'm sure someone on here knows the laws well enough to give a solid answer.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In Indiana you can't legally hunt with any 10mm, rifle or handgun. Other states allow deer hunting with the 10mm because its more powerful than a 357 mag. Different states have different rules.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The 10mm is pretty popular for hog/boar hunting, where legal anyway. A buddy of mine took a 265lb boar in TN a little earlier this year with a G20. In other states, it's legal for deer.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    The 10mm is pretty popular for hog/boar hunting, where legal anyway. A buddy of mine took a 265lb boar in TN a little earlier this year with a G20. In other states, it's legal for deer.

Good lord, thats a big @*s boar! I'd like to see a pic of that!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The problem with the 10MM is that it got water down:noway: It's no longer a 200 gr. traveling at 1200 FPS:( now most 200 gr. load barely reach 1050 FPS, unless you reload, you're not going to be happy with the 10MM

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Its really unfortunate that 10mm isnt legal in Indiana. I believe that its close to a .41 magnum in power. I have been chomping at the bit to possibly get a STI perfect 10 to supplement my Glock 20. The price tag is alittle steep on it though.

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    The problem with the 10MM is that it got water down:noway: It's no longer a 200 gr. traveling at 1200 FPS:( now most 200 gr. load barely reach 1050 FPS, unless you reload, you're not going to be happy with the 10MM

Unless you buy from Double Tap:

DoubleTap Ammunition

200 grain lead flatpoint at 1300 fps, out of a G20.

or Buffalo Bore

Heavy 10mm Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

That's 220 grain at 1140 fps out of a G20. Probably about 1200 fps if you get the aftermarket 6" barrel for the G20 that a lot of hog hunters use.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I remember having a video of Ted Nugent who shot a Cape buffalo (black death) with his bow...when tracking it down, as he was walking up on it it stood up and started to charge him and the camera guy.....Ted drew his 10mm Glock and started unloading....dropped it...good enough for me considering the cape buffalo is one of the most deadly animals in Africa

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Unless you buy from Double Tap:

I don't buy from Double Tap. I wrote of my experience with their incompetence and lack of caring about their product here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...caution_if_you_have_10mm_from_double_tap.html

Starting at post number 7.

This was not just an isolated problem, this was happening to other folks as well and the company apparently didn't care about what was either **** poor quality control or deliberate outright fraud.

I still have the two boxes I bought that have the problem, minus the few rounds I shot or pulled.

As far as hunting with 10mm, it's gaining popularity. The stock G20 is plenty accurate enough and with proper 10mm rounds it has far more energy than a .357magnum. With a 6" LWD barrel and/or a long slide also available from LWD, it's an awesome hunting pistol. Indiana doesn't allow it for deer because of the arbitrary case size restrictions, but it's more energy than many of the pistol rounds currently allowed. Many other states do allow it for deer hunting, and it has been picked up as one of the best inexpensive autoloaders for hunting.

You can use it for hunting most other animals in Indiana and I know one guy who hunts coyotes with it. If the mythical wild hogs ever appear in my corner of the state I plan on using mine for hunting it.

hunterft6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Noblesville/Fishers
    The DNR equipment regulations below (reprinted from the 2010-2011 DNR deer hunting guide) do not specifically address the legality of deer hunting with the 10mm, but they do list the cartridge requirements along with some specific examples of legal and illegal handgun cartridges. I am wondering if hunting with a 10mm is actually prohibited. Is the 10mm cartridge case not 1.16 inches? Maybe I am missing something here.

"Handguns for deer hunting: Handguns,
    other than muzzle loading, must have a
    barrel at least 4 inches long and must fire
    a bullet of .243-inch diameter or larger. The
    handgun cartridge case, without the bullet,
    must be at least 1.16 inches long. Full metaljacketed
    bullets are not permitted.
    Handguns are not permitted on any military
    areas.
    Some types of handgun cartridges legal
    for deer hunting include .357 Magnum, .41
    Magnum, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, .45 Colt,