• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just was watching NBC News whilst smoking and I about crapped myself. Now, i'm not sure what all this means, but I'm gonna lay it on you as I heard it.

Out of the London NBC whatever, they were talking about world markets jumping 5-15%! from France to Tokyo to Russia. They were talking about US investors and their bad debts. Something about the UK's banks going under and passing Anti-Monopolization laws. Then the British Prime Minister (I believe. My Garage TV has issues...) was calling for GLOBAL MARKET REGULATION!

Now to me that says a unified Global Economy. A single currency. A UN type government/committee overseeing our money.

Am I justified in being terrified in this? I mean is this something we should all worry about and resist? Can they do this?

:runaway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh also they blame us on all this, saying that we Americans are at fault.

Also they said Russia suspended trading when it jumped 15% in one hour.

What does all this mean? Or what could it mean? I'm so tired and confuzed.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think that part of what it means is that we (our government) is in debt to so many countries (that have lent our gov. money) that they in turn hurt themselves by "investing" in our country.

The other countries thought they were getting a piece of the pie, but found out the pie was rancid! (They thought they bought a piece of the country and might end up "owning us".)

We still owe them, but now they can't count on getting repaid. (Can't get blood from a turnip) Their greed turned around and bit them also.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    First world war was sparked by an assassination.

Second world war was sparked by German invasion, fueled by a depression.

Third world war will be sparked by greed, fueled by a depression.

Josh <><

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You know.... I really don't have a huge problem with "one-world government", so long as that one government is run according to the principles of the US Constitution. Not how it's been fiddled and futzed with and all, but how and in the spirit it was originally written:

These specific items are powers of the government. That's all, no more. Period. You want more, get an amendment passed.

Everything else is a right of the individual people. No exceptions, no infringements, no "sensible regulations".

The idea that people can't handle responsibility of that scope is a result of having government do everything for them for a generation or two-it's the same thing as unnecessarily stitching someone's anus closed, then charting that that person needs a colostomy, when all you really have to do is get the a$$#ole(s) out of the way and things will function normally.

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First world war was sparked by an assassination.

Second world war was sparked by German invasion, fueled by a depression.

Third world war will be sparked by greed, fueled by a depression.

Josh <><

...and while I don't know with what weapons WWIII will be fought, I think it a fair bet that WWIV will be battled with sticks and rocks.

(paraphrase of Einstein, I think)

Blessings,
    B

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yep, my dad quoted that one to me when I was just at the age of reasoning, and it's stuck with me.

I like to think that the Nuclear Powers have more sense than to use them, but am concerned about the terrorist organizations getting their hands on a Scud or something, putting an atom bomb on the thing, and hitting one of our allies with it.

Josh <><

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So then a Global currency/economy/market would be a good thing? I know a world Government shaped by our Founding Fathers would be good, but you know that would never happen. There are too many belief systems out in this world, many of which see our rights as Evil. So This will probably never happen. But a unified Global Economy is basiclly a world ruled by greed. Surely that's not a good thing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is this procedure ever necessary?

Nice analogy, though:laugh:

Thanks, glad you liked it. In a case where someone has Crohn's Disease or colon cancer and has to have part of the colon removed, I suppose it might be necessary, but there may be other things they do to close things up in that circumstance. You have to have a bigger sheepskin on the wall than I have to answer that question with any authority. ;)

Blessings,
    B

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok enough anal analogies! Making me pucker up here! LOL

I could deal with a Star Trek world if people would WTFU and realize that space exploration is our only hope of surviving ourselves. We have a good start, but we need to take it farther. If we spent half on NASA that we do on defense, all nations, we would be SOOO much better off. There are minerals out there that would change our table of elements, energy sources yet to be discovered, and worlds and so much stuff we need to learn about yet it's not funny. But you won't hear about that stuff this election year. Nor will you hear about it in the next decade. Hell, if WW3 breaks out, we may never hear about it.

But this is where our focus should be. I've been saying this for years now and people think I"m crazy.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Ok enough anal analogies! Making me pucker up here! LOL

I could deal with a Star Trek world if people would WTFU and realize that space exploration is our only hope of surviving ourselves. We have a good start, but we need to take it farther. If we spent half on NASA that we do on defense, all nations, we would be SOOO much better off. There are minerals out there that would change our table of elements, energy sources yet to be discovered, and worlds and so much stuff we need to learn about yet it's not funny. But you won't hear about that stuff this election year. Nor will you hear about it in the next decade. Hell, if WW3 breaks out, we may never hear about it.

But this is where our focus should be. I've been saying this for years now and people think I"m crazy.

In Star Trek, before they went out in space, they found a way to end so many negative things - war, poverty, illness, etc. and the people of the world learned to get along and respected the differences of each as well.

I know I will never live to see such a world, but I do hope that my grandchildren can see the beginning at least. Ok, so I'm dreaming here.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    not so much dreaming. It's possible but we have to lay the ground work now. Although it scares me because if evil takes over, we are doomed. And that's where we are headed. Ok my drinkin azz is going to bed. Maybe. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom