• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm new to this site, but was surprised Bradis has it's own forum. I figure this is the best place to post this:

So I've gone into Bradis several times since it's on my way home and have a friend that lives close to there. Every single time I'm in there I feel rushed and am usually treated rudely. It's wholly turned me off to buying anything, but ammo there. I like window shopping there because they do have such a good selection.

Anyway, I was in there not too long ago and was helped by a younger guy. Not sure his name, but great guy. Probably the best Bradis experience in my 20+ times in the store. Friendly, informative, and more importantly, when I asked a question he told me the answer nicely. I'm thinking this guy deserves a raise, because as anti-Bradis as I've been in the past. I feel like buying something from them due to this guy even though I could get a better deal at ITS down the road.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Every single time I'm in there I feel rushed and am usually treated rudely.

How so? We try to treat all our customers the way we would like to be treated AS customers. If we are failing to do so and you can relate specifics, I as a member of management would like to hear about it, so I can address the issue with the employee(s) in question. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

I was in there not too long ago and was helped by a younger guy. Not sure his name, but great guy.

We have several "younger" (that being a relative term, of course) guys who work at the shop. Can you describe him? If we can figure out who it was, I'd be happy to pass your comments along.

Most importantly, I hope you will visit the shop again and give us another shot at earning your business. :ingo:

Last edited:

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    :dunno:I've always felt very welcome at Bradis and have always had at least two employees ask if I needed anything no matter how busy it's been. They've even been patient with all of my noobie questions and never really try to rush me to buy anything, but instead gave me the information needed to make an educated decision on my purchase. I rarely leave dissatisfied, and when I do it's usually because I've been delayed by the background check. Well worth the 40 minute trip. That's just my :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm new to this site, but was surprised Bradis has it's own forum. I figure this is the best place to post this:

Bradis is an INGO Advertising Supporter, which is why they have their own subforum. You'll notice that we have many such subforums here.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    :dunno:I've always felt very welcome at Bradis and have always had at least two employees ask if I needed anything no matter how busy it's been. They've even been patient with all of my noobie questions and never really try to rush me to buy anything, but instead gave me the information needed to make an educated decision on my purchase. I rarely leave dissatisfied, and when I do it's usually because I've been delayed by the background check. Well worth the 40 minute trip. That's just my :twocents:

Ya, what Pyriel said!!

I've only been in there a few (less than 50 or so) times, but even when they're packed to the gills with folks I've never felt any of the employees were rude or anything less than very patient and helpful. I've never seen any employee treat anyone rudely when I was in there, either.

:twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    20+ times is alot of times to be going to a place that you dont like.

Me thinks you may be fibbing a little.

Ive never, NEVER had a bad experiance at Bradis. Its a half hour and a quarter tank of gas for me to get there (one way, Its an hour and a half tank round trip), but they get 99.9% of my gun buying business.

I dont expect to be first in line just bc I know most of the staff by first name and they me. I dont expect to be first helped when the place is packed. But they are never rude, always friendly, usually funny, and very helpfull and informative.

There is a reason the place is normally jumping and it aint because they have a rep for being rude is all Im saying.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Jul 13, 2012
    I understand what you're saying and I've probably have exaggerated the number specs on times, but regardless of your experience I was simply sharing mine. Granted some of those times they were busy, but I'm not asking for any "special" service. Now, as I said, this last time, which was my first time in a couple months, I thoroughly enjoyed your service. Friendly and informative. So much so that it changes my, perhaps jaded, opinion of the shop.

The trip before that, which must have been around May. I was in looking for new shotgun stock for my 88. I had seen one one CheaperThanDirt, but I like giving my money to local shops. There might have been 8 others in the store. I was asking questions about stocks they carried, ammo, the other store, etc. anyway the older gent that was helping seemed preoccupied the whole time and I felt was annoyed by my questioning.

The time before that they were slammed and I get I have to wait my turn, but after a while I finally got to talking to a guy back by the revolvers. He was going to get a key, i think to let my see a judge or something. I don't remember the specifics, but he went to grab something and never did come back. I made another pass thru the store thinking maybe he got busy or had to hit the head or something, but then I seen him helping another customer by the front near the police trade-ins.

Whatever though, I've heard about that happening to others and heard equal dislike for experiences there, but I've also heard about awesome ones and just had one. I'm glad too because I like the shop and selection. I always have.

I will be back to Bradis now. Probably this week. Looking for a 17 or mini. I really hope that experience will be as awesome as the last.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Nov 23, 2008
    So you get treated badly multiple times, perhaps as many as 20 times. You have heard stories from others about bad experiences. And yet you keep going back and now feel compelled to share your bad experiences about a gun store that was voted by the members here as the number one shop in the state?

Forgive me if I have a hard time buying this. :dunno:

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Jul 13, 2012
    Didn't know you had to buy a story on a forum. Thought they were free of charge.

More importantly, I can definitely tell that most of your missed the point being more about my most recent experience and how awesome it was. How after wanting such experience in the store, I was given one and how they guys that helped me this last time were great.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I've always had great service at Bradis. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The only problem I've had is spending too much money :):

buckstopshere

Master
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Didn't know you had to buy a story on a forum. Thought they were free of charge.

More importantly, I can definitely tell that most of your missed the point being more about my most recent experience and how awesome it was. How after wanting such experience in the store, I was given one and how they guys that helped me this last time were great.

I think you'll find that your latest experience will mostly resemble future experiences. They really have a great crew.

Have you checked out Bradis II? They're some really cool stuff back there too. As far as better pricing goes, you might be surprised how they reapond if you politely point out any pricing discrepancies. :D

wizardfitz

Expert
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I have been there many times and never have felt rushed at all. i had a good friend visit from north carolina. we stopped by bradis and the guy behind the counter spent 20-30 minutes talking to him and showing him different guns knowing full well he wasnt going to make a sale since my friend was from NC

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I was in there on Friday, and was asked no less than five times if I needed help with something. Every time, the gentleman asking (five different folks mind you) were courteous and helpful. That is what I look for in a gun store. If I had a question, or looked like I did, they were right there. If I wanted to look at something, they were right there. That is how I define service at its best.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will be back to Bradis now. Probably this week. Looking for a 17 or mini. I really hope that experience will be as awesome as the last.

This is good to hear. Find a salesperson you like and stick with him/her. I have one main guy at Bradis (Dave) and it's been like that for about a year. I certainly have no problem with ANYONE else at the store, including Shooter521 or Simon6101 who have helped me numerous times, but when I'm ready to push he button on something, I just like to have Dave's opinion. It's not that he has superior knowledge or anything, but he's just my gun guy.

If the store is crowded, I just wait for Dave. However, if it's a really busy day, I ask my question and get out of the way, knowing that others may be in there to spend money and I'm not. It gets bad when repeat customers make the shop their hangout and take up too much time with the salespeople.

Top Bottom