• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    An interest has been expressed in a Girls Night Out event. I'm game for pulling it together, but could use some feedback.

First, who all has an interest?

Second, would we want to make this a shooting event, or just a meet-and-greet to try and bring some of the guys' girls into our circle (IE, make the women in their lives more comfortable with the guns in their men's pockets)?

Third, location? possible dates? I don't do well with last-minute preps, so we're looking at least a month or three out.

Let's start throwing together ideas here.

If you let me plan it completely, the theme for the night will be PINK. And I don't think we all want that, do we? :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Soooo...September/October(ish)?
    Where are your possible locations to choose from so far? As it is, I think you're about 130 miles away from me but I might be persuaded to go half of that.
    And by the way...Pink theme rawks!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Where are your possible locations to choose from so far? As it is, I think you're about 130 miles away from me but I might be persuaded to go half of that.

i've only ever been to Atterbury, Pops and Eagle Creek, a members-only club .. up north somewhere..., and i once invaded lovemywoods' woods. :):

I'm open to suggestion. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a range day. We can do something else. Not rollercoasters, though... Just get together, have lunch, give out free hugs, and talk chick talk about guns.... Like, why the grip of my gun pokes my hip the way it does when I carry it.... or why it's not the size of your fwoosh that matters. :): (sorry, that last one was a reference to Looking For Group)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Annie's around the Fort Wayne area. I don't know where to shoot that's between here and there. There are places we could just meet in Muncie. We could go to your favorite place Pami and have chinese.. hehehe j/k... There's even a chuck e cheese next to it. :)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What's Bounce Planet? (do I want to know?)
    I'm down with Chuck-E-Cheese!!
    Spas... I might have to seriously pout at you for suggesting the Journey or anything remotely close to it. Ok, roller coasters and seafood are out for our girls-only gathering.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What's Bounce Planet? (do I want to know?)
    I'm down with Chuck-E-Cheese!!
    Spas... I might have to seriously pout at you for suggesting the Journey or anything remotely close to it. Ok, roller coasters and seafood are out for our girls-only gathering.

Oh, it's the seafood and not chinese....
    There is actually another pizza buffet place there in Muncie too that's half decent. It's actually around the corner from Chuck-E-Cheese.

BersaGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I'd go! I never do anything on the weekends except if Nick and I decide to go somewhere, so I'm usually always free.

Only weekend I have coming up when I won't be available is the 11th thru the 13th. Going away for our anniversary.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'd go! I never do anything on the weekends except if Nick and I decide to go somewhere, so I'm usually always free.

Only weekend I have coming up when I won't be available is the 11th thru the 13th. Going away for our anniversary.

OMG.. we got her to talk! We need to post more girly posts.

How does meeting for lunch/dinner/whatever in Muncie work for everyone? I haven't seen any "no"s yet.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'll work on it!

You know, you might never have had the thought...but...

What if INGO had its own chick forum??:): ;)

I've had the thought.
    I've asked.
    There isn't enough estrogen here yet.
    Or there's other resources available (corneredcat, Women & Guns).
    But the NFA guys got their forum! ;)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am not a multi-forum type person anymore. I spend half my day on here as it is. If I visited other forums as much, I'd never get any work done. So I don't actually really visit any of the women websites. I've been there a time or two but I'm not active and I have probably never registered with any of them either.

On another note... Look how fast the camping/hunting sub-forum filled up when he didn't think there was a call for it either :D

Last edited:

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    It would be fun to do a day with "the girls" but since I am 70 miles south of Indy it probably won't happen for me. If you all do get together take some pics for me and know that I will be there in spirit. We "wimmons" have to stick together. As far as a forum of our own....look what happened to this thread!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It would be fun to do a day with "the girls" but since I am 70 miles south of Indy it probably won't happen for me. If you all do get together take some pics for me and know that I will be there in spirit. We "wimmons" have to stick together. As far as a forum of our own....look what happened to this thread!

men hijacking it or we're already on the 4th page? :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

So I'm thinking mid-August to get this thing going.

I'll work on it!

You know, you might never have had the thought...but...

What if INGO had its own chick forum??:): ;)

We now have our own forum, and this thread has been moved into it. :D

Pics are a sure thing! :) It'd be better if you could find a way to make it, though, and experience it first-hand. :)

As for this thread, I went through and deleted about two pages of posts to bring it back to topic. I know I know. :chillout:

So what's everyone think? Mid-August? Muncie? Specific location?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Also, the invitation is open to the women in the lives of the men who read this board. You never know, spending a day with "normal" women who enjoy shooting and/or realize the necessities of needing or at least being comfortable with firearms might help them come around. The women who are currently active on this board want to learn from each other and help educate others. It's a lot easier to do that when there are "others" around. ;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    *pulls this thread out from the bottom of the barrel*

Ok, so August has come and gone. Still any interest in doing a girls-only thing, especially now that we have more girls?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Seems like most of the shooter chicks are waaaay south of Ft.Wayne. I'm sort of way north of it, but the closer you can get, the more interested I become. :p

Top Bottom