• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do think that things are getting worse, and will continue to do so, and it has more to do with feminism than masculinity.

A mother can't teach a boy to be man, by example, yet more and more boys are being raised primarily by their mother.

These boys never mature into men, but that doesn't stop them from impregnating more women, and the cycle repeats.

If you don't socialize a dog and teach it how to be a dog, then it turns out to be a pretty ****ty dog. If you don't teach boys to be men, they turn out to be pretty ****ty men. That's not terribly hard to understand. The root cause of all of this is the post-modern rejection of Christianity and Judeo-Christian values. People have made themselves into their own gods. That means no judgment, but it also means no guidance, no solace, no sense of being or worth. Logically, you can't find worth any higher than your current position, if you believe you are the ultimate arbiter of your existence. Anywho... Until men start holding themselves accountable to a higher power, again, and raising the next generation to do the same, this train wreck of delayed adolescence will continue and will increase. Until women recognize that masculinity is just as laudable as femininity, it's going to be very hard for men to want to be better.

I agree, wholeheartedly. There is also a trainwreck running on parallel tracks, one that you mention. The willingness of some women to throw open their legs for just about any man. It seems driven by a search for acceptance underpinned by an absence of any vestige of self worth. I once had hope that feminism might address the issue of unwed motherhood for the corrosive social force that it is, I even accepted a certain amount of hostility towards men as necessary to that end because some men were definitely not part of the solution and would need to be called out. Alas, feminism seems to have gone down the Patriarchy/ALL men are part of the problem dead end. Although all the factual evidence indicates that having children out of wedlock, fathered by a man who will not shoulder any of the responsibilities of a family, is a reliable predictor of much social ill to come; much of feminism celebrates it as a viable choice for women and again (all) men are the problem for not supporting/paying for a different and better outcome

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I strongly disagree. A single mother can certainly teach a boy to be a man, at the very least, on to being a gentleman. While good male role models make things much easier, they aren't a requirement.

She can certainly teach and preach, but she can't be a man. There is a saying that with children more is caught than taught, meaning they learn more from example than they do from lectures. A woman doesn't know how it feels to be a man, or what goes on in a man's head. A man does. Boys who are raised by single mothers will learn a lot about masculinity either from their male friends or from a male role model. They will emulate these people either subconsciously or consciously, but like it or not, they will try to copy the other men in their lives, or that they see on TV, the internet, magazines, etc.

The same thing goes for single fathers raising daughters. A man can't be a woman. He can tell her all the right things, but she is going to learn how to be a woman from her peers or from a "mentor."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do think that things are getting worse, and will continue to do so, and it has more to do with feminism than masculinity.

A mother can't teach a boy to be man, by example, yet more and more boys are being raised primarily by their mother.

These boys never mature into men, but that doesn't stop them from impregnating more women, and the cycle repeats.

If you don't socialize a dog and teach it how to be a dog, then it turns out to be a pretty ****ty dog. If you don't teach boys to be men, they turn out to be pretty ****ty men. That's not terribly hard to understand. The root cause of all of this is the post-modern rejection of Christianity and Judeo-Christian values. People have made themselves into their own gods. That means no judgment, but it also means no guidance, no solace, no sense of being or worth. Logically, you can't find worth any higher than your current position, if you believe you are the ultimate arbiter of your existence. Anywho... Until men start holding themselves accountable to a higher power, again, and raising the next generation to do the same, this train wreck of delayed adolescence will continue and will increase. Until women recognize that masculinity is just as laudable as femininity, it's going to be very hard for men to want to be better.
    Well said. Repped.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    She can certainly teach and preach, but she can't be a man. There is a saying that with children more is caught than taught, meaning they learn more from example than they do from lectures. A woman doesn't know how it feels to be a man, or what goes on in a man's head. A man does. Boys who are raised by single mothers will learn a lot about masculinity either from their male friends or from a male role model. They will emulate these people either subconsciously or consciously, but like it or not, they will try to copy the other men in their lives, or that they see on TV, the internet, magazines, etc.

The same thing goes for single fathers raising daughters. A man can't be a woman. He can tell her all the right things, but she is going to learn how to be a woman from her peers or from a "mentor."

We will simply agree to disagree. I don't think the possession or absence of sexual organs prevent a parent from teaching an opposite sex child appropriate gender roles. Masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs. The is no accepted universal teachings as to how to be one or the other. But, I digress, we are talking about American culture (assumedly). In that regard, I would bet that a straight, hunting, shooting, tire changing feminine female, from Georgia, would be better at teaching a boy to be a man (in the American cultural sense), that a latte drinking, hot pants wearing, theatre going gay man from San Francisco.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I left this thread for a while, but now I see you're talking about me...

I am an only child and was raised by a single mother. What do you want to know?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We will simply agree to disagree. I don't think the possession or absence of sexual organs prevent a parent from teaching an opposite sex child appropriate gender roles. Masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs. The is no accepted universal teachings as to how to be one or the other. But, I digress, we are talking about American culture (assumedly). In that regard, I would bet that a straight, hunting, shooting, tire changing feminine female, from Georgia, would be better at teaching a boy to be a man (in the American cultural sense), that a latte drinking, hot pants wearing, theatre going gay man from San Francisco.

You contradict your own 'point'. If masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs, without accepted universal teachings; then the gay man from SFO can be just as good or better at teaching his version of masculinity - which, since everything is relative, is all that matters :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You contradict your own 'point'. If masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs, without accepted universal teachings; then the gay man from SFO can be just as good or better at teaching his version of masculinity - which, since everything is relative, is all that matters :rolleyes:

I think you missed a key component of my post. There was no contradiction, as I specified this particular construct as being American (assumedly) as to how masculine and feminine are understood.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Perhaps for the sake of efficiency you would consider highlighting what you will eventually claim you really meant in some kind of contrasting color :dunno:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs.

[video=youtube;_VNSatADfls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNSatADfls&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;X9hcKUUFn5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9hcKUUFn5k[/video]

[video=youtube;2dbkJv6566c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbkJv6566c[/video]

11.jpg
    busey.jpg
    images
    7u2ghzkz7p3z.png

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm done with Gillette. Retired my Gillette Fusion yesterday.

This morning's shave with a Harry's razor was just as good, and a fair bit cheaper.

Bye, bye Gillette.

From 70% U.S. market share 10 years ago, to 50% last year - I foresee even lower numbers in your future.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The root cause of all of this is the post-modern rejection of Christianity and Judeo-Christian values. People have made themselves into their own gods. That means no judgment, but it also means no guidance, no solace, no sense of being or worth. Logically, you can't find worth any higher than your current position, if you believe you are the ultimate arbiter of your existence. Anywho... Until men start holding themselves accountable to a higher power, again, and raising the next generation to do the same, this train wreck of delayed adolescence will continue and will increase. Until women recognize that masculinity is just as laudable as femininity, it's going to be very hard for men to want to be better.

If you need an omnipotent "higher power" to threaten you with a lake of fire in order to be a good person, then you are a horrible person at your core. Some of us manage to avoid raping, robbing, killing and voting for Democrats even without a fairy tale to guide us. You'd probably be amazed if you knew how people that you probably already respect really feel about magic apples and talking snakes.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

You might be surprised to find that I agree...to a point. I do disagree with your assessment of the necessity of Judeo-Christian values specifically to the success (moral, or otherwise) of a society, but I fully agree that it is virtuous to hold *something* above yourself. Religion does fit nicely, but I don't think it's the only device that can fit to serve the purpose. For instance, a personal dedication to service can provide the same effect as a dedication to religion. It's important to remember that neither Jesus nor the Hebrews before Him created morality, and billions of people have lived wholesome, fulfilling lives with that absence.

The problem I have with the ad is sincerity. P&G is pretty goods at making soap, but pretty awful at behaving humanely when profits are on the line. I might respond better to an ad campaign that focused on the actions P&G are taking to make this world a better place for the people that inhabit it...how they have changed their own behavior to make ours a better world. Instead they tell me that they want a better world, but it's up to me to provide it for them. That turns me off to whatever the underlying message may be.

If you need an omnipotent "higher power" to threaten you with a lake of fire in order to be a good person, then you are a horrible person at your core. Some of us manage to avoid raping, robbing, killing and voting for Democrats even without a fairy tale to guide us. You'd probably be amazed if you knew how people that you probably already respect really feel about magic apples and talking snakes.

:wrongdoor:

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Some of us manage to avoid raping, robbing, killing and voting for Democrats even without a fairy tale to guide us.

"Fairy tale"???

Four Greco Roman histories hardly constitute a fairy tale...You can choose not to believe but there is quite a bit of historical documentation to back up the historical Jesus....If you're going to be a non believer be like Bart Ehrlman or Sam Harris.....You're a better man than to go full blown Dawkins or or Krauss....

[video=youtube;u9CC7qNZkOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9CC7qNZkOE[/video]

With all due respect and IMHO.....

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Masculinity and femininity are social/cultural constructs. The is no accepted universal teachings as to how to be one or the other. But, I digress, we are talking about American culture (assumedly). In that regard, I would bet that a straight, hunting, shooting, tire changing feminine female, from Georgia, would be better at teaching a boy to be a man (in the American cultural sense), that a latte drinking, hot pants wearing, theatre going gay man from San Francisco.

Mr. K., you don't believe that there's a little biological hard-wiring at work, in addition to the social constructs?

Top Bottom