• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Getting my kel tec p11 tomorrow anyone with recommendations on ammo, I already have my eyes on a desantis pocket holster on ebay and maybe some pro mag mags.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    67413.jpg

waggonermatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Holster

You should look at Stoner Holsters I found they guy out at the 1500 a couple of years ago and does great work at a great price.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I've been feeding mine Win. 147 gr. JHP, Rem. 115 gr JHP and Magtech 115 gr. JHP+P. For practice Win. 115 FMJ. All has performed flawlessly.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    115grain Federal, Remington UMC, or Winchester WWB for practice. For carry, stick with something like Winchester SXZ or Federal HST. Those combinations have worked well and flawlessly in my P11.

Pro Mag mags are good to go. You might consider buying them directly from Kel-Tec if you haven't found them somewhere cheaper. The P11 mags are notorious for rattling when you load them past 8 or 9 rounds and if you get them from KT, just call them and they'll replace them for you.

P11 is a good choice. It does exactly what it's supposed to do and is a great value. Enjoy!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    When I had mine years ago I shot WWB for practice and carried Corbon DPX which also shot well. I did not do the recommended fluff and buff and did fine. Nice sized pistol and the belt clip was a nice addition.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    I went with the SCCY 9mm..almost the same SCCY little thicker..use a fobus KTP-11 paddle great feel and very comfortable..

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You MAY find your P11 to be ammo-finicky.

I cannot remember if mine was or not, it's been too long ago.

From a comfort standpoint, beware of +p ammo. It'll hurt. Standard pressure isn't exactly comfortable itself.

And if you want to carry +p, don't make a habit of practicing using a steady diet of +p. They're not designed for thousands of rounds of the stuff; but occasional practice + carry ammo = OK.

Be sure you learn the hang of field-stripping and reassembly. There's an extra step involved in the P11 in regards to barrel alignment upon reassembly.

I carried mine in a High Noon Holster's Split Decision. Carried like a dream. I honestly forgot I was wearing it several times.

If your mags rattle when fully loaded...no worries.

Pinky extensions for the mags were a must for my hands.

I THINK S&W model 59-series magazines work as well as the KT mags.

Enjoy it!

On to your question about ammo... Be sure whatever you end up with will cycle reliably. Speer makes a short-barrel optimized 9mm, I believe.

-J-

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I have fed with blazer and WWB so far with no issues. As far as field stripping I have been practicing once in the morning and once at night for clearing and field stripping. It will get a good intense cleaning this weekend as whitebox is a dirty dirty mistress lol. I currently have an IWB cheapy that I got when i bought the gun that carries like a dream. I will probably pick up a desantis nemesis but it won't fit the new mags I ordered for practice (20 round pro mags)

coltgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    I had a p11 and then a p40, both good guns, but hand bangers, I now have a pf9, very cimfy to carry, also a hand banger...

Top Bottom