• To get my shower temp water, I

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Does INGO crank it to hot to get hot water, then dial down to temp? Or just set where you want it and burn cold water until it gets there?

Sneaky third and fourth options added for some...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll say "set and wait", but our water heater is immediately below the (2nd floor) shower. Takes maybe 10 seconds for the cool water to leave the pipe.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Turn the hot water on at the sink in the bathroom. The hot water flows to that point. When the hot water gets to that faucet, turn it off and turn on the shower. In my case, the water has to flow from the water heater at the far end of the house. Once I turn on the shower, it only takes a couple of second for the hot water to get to it.

Buck69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I put a recircuulation pump on my hot water and an aux 60 gal tank after the water htr, so I have 100 gal of hot water available within three seconds.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Crank and wait. My shower is pretty far from the water heater.
    I'm heating the water for a reason, I wait until it gets there.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I'll say "set and wait", but our water heater is immediately below the (2nd floor) shower. Takes maybe 10 seconds for the cool water to leave the pipe.

Same here.

There is a seperate dial on my shower faucet for controlling temp so I don't have to mess with that, I just crank the on/off handle to full, and by the time I disrobe (20-30sec) there is hot water.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I have on demand gas water heater but the on demand is a bit of a misnomer. It takes the water time to heat and you have to turn hot all the way on and wait. It actually takes more time for the water to get hot than it would for a conventional water heater. So turn the hot all the way up and adjust it with cold. Hot water has to be all the way in the on position because the heating sensor works on flow. Nice feature(at least I think so) is that you can set the heater so you do not even need to turn the cold on. Of course that adjustment changes with the seasons. When I first installed it I changed from a 50 gallon electric to tankless/on demand gas and my electric bill dropped $100 and the gas only went up $38 dollars. So I guess you always have to set the shower before you get in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

When I built the cabin I put the water heater right under the bathroom so the hot water hits the faucet/shower in about the time it takes me to reach over to adjust the cold water side.

Same here.

There is a seperate dial on my shower faucet for controlling temp so I don't have to mess with that, I just crank the on/off handle to full, and by the time I disrobe (20-30sec) there is hot water.

Set it and wait. The shower's right above the water heater and gets warm fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^Sounds like my house^^^^^^^^^^^

Like SideArmed said, ours has a temperature set handle on the main handle, so the temp is always the same and since it's right over the water heater, it's hot by the time I get in there.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    lol, bored today Hoosierdoc?

I set it, put toothpaste on my toothbrush and by the time the paste is on, the water is warm.

Yes, I brush my teeth in the shower, especially in the winter when nothing feels better after rolling out of bed than warm water on your skin.

Top Bottom