• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr buckman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Is there anything to it or is it really a random procedure? Is it posted anywhere how many guys on average enter for the different draws from year to year? It would be interesting to see what your typical chances of getting drawn are for different hunts.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    My chances are always pretty slim.
    I have been drawn once inthe past 10 years or so.
    I apply every year, last year I got lucky and hunted Newport.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    depends on where you apply to hunt and if you have the hunter safety course. If you apply at Big Oaks, chances are very good, if you apply at the state park hunts, chances are much less.

Good Luck

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    It totally depends on what you put in for. I get drawn every year for Big oaks. If you apply for firearms at state parks, you need some luck. But archery at fort ben? You'll get it most times.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I guess i don't know about the deer hunts but i know with waterfowl and doves it is likely every 3 years you will get a draw. Now pheasants, I bet 1,000,000 people try for them (probably a low number) and maybe every 30 years you will get drawn.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I guess i don't know about the deer hunts but i know with waterfowl and doves it is likely every 3 years you will get a draw. Now pheasants, I bet 1,000,000 people try for them (probably a low number) and maybe every 30 years you will get drawn.

The pheasant area draw is a hard one, I have not been drawn in over 20 years of tryin. I contacted the DNR in 2010 and got a reply from them, they told me that they recieve 5000 or more applications on the Pheasant draw yearly, only 220 spots are available, so odds are not good.

Top Bottom