• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Can anyone recommend someone to thread a few barrels for a suppressor in the Indy area? I'm looking at a Beretta 21a, Ruger 10/22 and 22/45. I know Curaheeguns was involved in threading last year but last I saw they had suspended their threading services temporarily. What is an approximate price I should expect for this work?

On another topic, I think I'll be going with the Huntertown Arms Guardian.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Was going to make a recommendation until you asked about Ruger barrels.

Some of the guys have had enough issues with the bore not being in the center of the barrel from Ruger and/or being off axis, that they stop doing barrels from Ruger.

For the 10-22 can mail off easily, the 22/45 being the pistol is a little harder. Have you though of a Pac Lite threaded barrel?

Good Luck

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I have, except for the fact that it would cost nearly as much as a new 22/45 with a factory threaded barrel ($280 from Midway vs $310 on GunBroker). Since my current one is 100% factory I might as well just buy a second gun. Then there's the issue of it being the serial numbered part, so I'd have a transfer fee on top.

Thanks for the price check ... had not realized they were that close in price.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    as long as you know your threading just about any machine shop should be able to take care of you if find a barrel that is not threaded from the factory

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Was going to make a recommendation until you asked about Ruger barrels.

Some of the guys have had enough issues with the bore not being in the center of the barrel from Ruger and/or being off axis, that they stop doing barrels from Ruger.

For the 10-22 can mail off easily, the 22/45 being the pistol is a little harder. Have you though of a Pac Lite threaded barrel?

Good Luck

i threaded a ruger a week or so ago that was way off. its not a big deal as ling as you indicate off the bore not the outside diameter

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    i threaded a ruger a week or so ago that was way off. its not a big deal as ling as you indicate off the bore not the outside diameter

As long as you have enough metal left to make the threads ;-).

Do you do barrel threading commercially, while not exactly in Indianapolis, you might be a good option for the original poster.

Regards

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    As long as you have enough metal left to make the threads ;-).

Do you do barrel threading commercially, while not exactly in Indianapolis, you might be a good option for the original poster.

Regards

i dont do it commercially yet. i may start someday (when i can afford my own lathe) i have a local machinest who i trade labor for lathe time with. it works out well for both of us. i do physical work for him and he turns me loose on his equipment as payment

Top Bottom