• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This thread is about 22lr ammunition to post current prices, sales, in-stock, and hard to find 22lr ammunition.

Also post your reviews of 22lr ammunition you have used. Tell how reliable, accurate, it's velocity, etc etc...

We want to make a thread that deals with 22lr ammunition where all can go, and find a source of information.

Here are a couple of threads on 22lr ammunition tests/reviews.

@Creedmoor

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    One thing I know is top shelf match grade .22lr is getting very hard to find. There is no RWS to be found Lapua Center X same……mid grade is available but the pickings are slim.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm always interested in "good enough" standard velocity 22LR at great sale prices.

If I'm gonna pony up for higher price per round, it'll likely be for 17HMR. Or pricy slugs for the PCP air guns. They are the small game getters.

:twocents:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One thing I know is top shelf match grade .22lr is getting very hard to find. There is no RWS to be found Lapua Center X same……mid grade is available but the pickings are slim.
    Go here. Eley ammo pretty much always available in one flavor or another

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This thread is about 22lr ammunition to post current prices, sales, in-stock, and hard to find 22lr ammunition.

Also post your reviews of 22lr ammunition you have used. Tell how reliable, accurate, it's velocity, etc etc...

We want to make a thread that deals with 22lr ammunition where all can go, and find a source of information.

@Creedmoor
    Now I have to setup the crono on top of how accurate and reliable it is.
    This is gonna be like having a wife again. This will teach me to be more careful for what I ask for.

I have a few bricks of Aguila Target Competition on the way from Target Sports for delivery next week. It was 80 bucks a brick and with what else I bought Free ship. I will get out when it shows up and run some through the Cooper and see how well it shoots from 50yds and out to 100.

Oh, and thanks for getting this done.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Go here. Eley ammo pretty much always available in one flavor or another

My experience with Killough’s is their shipping is really expensive. Have been using these guys for my RWS (which has been out of stock for a while) and Eley.

I picked up several bricks of SK rifle match ($100/brick) and standard plus ($80 per brick) last summer at AEammo (in store only, don’t sell online) and at Brian’s surplus. Need to call first and make sure they have in stock before going).

Lapua CenterX shows up from time to time but gotta be quick to get it. I have a few ‘notify me when in stock’ out there and guys at Rimfire Central will post when they find some CenterX, Midas+ or X-Act in stock somewhere.

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

Have ordered from all above. I primarily shoot sk lines and they can be difficult to find lately but the sites above seem to have the most consistent stock. Lapua is intermittently available on these sites. Check often because ammo like this comes in and sells quickly. Out of stock today doesn't mean it will be tomorrow.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I use Aguila Super Extra in my CZ. Good enough accuracy for ground hogs. Around .65" at 50 yards. It actually did better than CCI Mini Mag in my rifle.

Natchez has it for $.05 a round! I, uhhh, stocked up a little.

Aguila is my first choice for less demanding purposes. Out of I don't know how many 1000's shot I can't recall a single fail to fire, and I get right at 1 MOA in both my Tikkas, and about 1.25 MOA in my Bergara. I've got a bunch of it already but for that price I may have to indulge.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Aguila is my first choice for less demanding purposes. Out of I don't know how many 1000's shot I can't recall a single fail to fire, and I get right at 1 MOA in both my Tikkas, and about 1.25 MOA in my Bergara. I've got a bunch of it already but for that price I may have to indulge.
    I get some that definitely sound a little different, but they aren't what I would even call fliers. For bulk ammo, I don't think there is a better option. I went ahead and ordered 10,000. I got lucky and got 6 of the same lot and they shoot great.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I get some that definitely sound a little different, but they aren't what I would even call fliers. For bulk ammo, I don't think there is a better option. I went ahead and ordered 10,000. I got lucky and got 6 of the same lot and they shoot great.
    Yeah I get that also once in a while. For what they cost, I can live with it. Also IME it seems to be very consistent, lot to lot.

Top Bottom