• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Geert Wilders, the fiery right-wing Dutch politician, was acquitted on Thursday of hate speech charges by an Amsterdam court, which found that his inflammatory comments about Muslims were protected by rules governing discourse in a free society.

Mr. Wilders, 47, had faced a possible one-year prison sentence on five charges of inciting hatred and discrimination against Muslims. He has become an important force in Dutch politics, making provocative statements including comparing the Koran with Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” and calling for an end to Muslim immigration.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/24/world/europe/24dutch.html

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The rest of the Dutch just took a little longer to get where Wilders was already. They are losing patience with an immigrant population that does not want to integrate, that insists their host society change to suit them, that is violent and seems intent on getting their way through intimidation.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I really wish that we had some Geert Wilders running around in our country and warning everyone of the growing dangers that our gutless leaders choose to ignore out of political correctness. I just heard on the news this morining that another attack was being planned on a military base by two converts to the religion of peace. I do not know if they were recruited while in jail or not like many. I was surprised that the local news identified their religious affiliation, however, since the national news shows probably would not have done so. Our elected leadership continues to ignore what is going on right in front of them.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm still not convinced that Wilders isn't a bit of an over the top crackpot. I understand his concerns with Islamists - but I fear that focusing on that EXCLUSIVELY is probably not wise. That said, I am TOTALLY in favor of his right to speak up politically. Whether it is popular or not. The acid test that will determine whether he is expressing legitimate concerns, or is just a racist crackpot and opportunist will be to see if he extends the same free speech courtesy that he asks for to those he opposes.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    The rest of the Dutch just took a little longer to get where Wilders was already. They are losing patience with an immigrant population that does not want to integrate, that insists their host society change to suit them, that is violent and seems intent on getting their way through intimidation.

Precisely.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Well "hate" speech is free speech and should be protected as such. Unfortunately the laws in Europe and Canada sometimes make "hate" speech legally punishable. Good thing we have the 1st Amendment in that pesky old antiquated document written by evil white slave owners.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well "hate" speech is free speech and should be protected as such. Unfortunately the laws in Europe and Canada sometimes make "hate" speech legally punishable. Good thing we have the 1st Amendment in that pesky old antiquated document written by evil white slave owners.

You forgot imperialists.

Top Bottom