• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    I would start a thread for AMMO. Factory loaded new ammo.
    I have 2 dealers in Indpls who will cooperate within means. One is willing to help with a truck drop shipment if we turn over an order to him. Another is fishing a dealer price list that will not be posted. We can pm on specifics and any others who can get pricing from other distribution points.

I just picked up 1k 45 magtech 230 fmj for $327. If we can find some sweet deals on 45 and other popular loadings I am good for 4k 5.56 68gr. Every one who has sources for ammo that has ammo in stock; please list them and any leads in this thread please help in organizing. Lets make this work together.

So the bidding starts.
    4k 5.56 68gr
    2k 45 fmj 230gr

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I would start a thread for AMMO. Factory loaded new ammo.
    I have 2 dealers in Indpls who will cooperate within means. One is willing to help with a truck drop shipment if we turn over an order to him. Another is fishing a dealer price list that will not be posted. We can pm on specifics and any others who can get pricing from other distribution points.

I just picked up 1k 45 magtech 230 FMJ for $327. If we can find some sweet deals on 45 and other popular loadings I am good for 4k 5.56 68gr. Every one who has sources for ammo that has ammo in stock; please list them and any leads in this thread please help in organizing. Lets make this work together.

So the bidding starts.
    4k 5.56 68gr
    2k 45 FMJ 230gr

I'm up for the best quality ammo at the best price but I need a potpourri of calibers specifically. Brass cased, non lacquered cases, accurate but necessarily match grade. I would buy some 308 match if available.

.223 55 grain
    30 Carbine FMJ
    7.62X39 FMJ
    .308 FMJ
    50 cal
    9MM (Maybe)
    .357 HP (if possible)
    45 acp (if the price is right)

I realize that a stocking dealer may need some discretion in advertising a special price list for this deal but I'm not for some misguided (shadowy) dealer who is going to lead us on and then Not deliver at the specified price after having tied up our communal funds. I've been in the biz and carried for over 30 years and know most of the area (state) dealers (at least the long time ones) and there are some that should be selling used cars at the buy here, pay here. In other words, all that they profess is not golden.

I do not know Karl but from all reports he is a stand up guy and a man of his word and he has offered to be the point man for an FFL transfer. He further has offered to do this at no charge to us. I personally disagree and think that we should offer some monetary compensation for his efforts. I also know that a volume stocking dealer sometimes can get pricing that a small dealer is not privy to but any showroom gun dealer (rightfully so) is going to mark up the ammo price for a profit.

Too many of these group buys never go (except maybe court)anywhere for there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I did not want to see this happen to our first INGO effort at a group purchase but it can so easily happen without proper guidance and direction.

I probably have spoken out of turn but I've never been known to be a wallflower :cool:

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I can compile a list of what I can get with price in a Microsoft Offce XL spread sheet that I can email. Would this help any of you guys?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm interested in:
    • M193-spec 5.56x45mm for less than $0.27 per round
    • .223 55gr FMJ for less than $0.27 per round
    • .45ACP 230gr FMJ for less than $0.24 per round
    • 9mm 115gr or 124gr FMG for less than $0.14 per round
    Not much interest in any group buys if we can't do better than that delivered.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'd like to hear what is available....

Looking for:

9mm 124 FMJ
    .45ACP
    .22LR

I got in on the HSM buy a while back, good stuff, but man is it dirty!

Please add me to the list, Thanks

Bob

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I can compile a list of what I can get with price in a Microsoft Offce XL spread sheet that I can email. Would this help any of you guys?

Wouldn't hurt. Go ahead and put it together and let us know when you're ready to mail it out.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'm interested in:

i'l second that!

and we should all heed what 4sarge has to say.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I have the list complete. All the ammo in this list is all factory new, no reloads. All prices have the 7% Indiana sales tax included. Prices are based on you picking up (I can meet around the Indy area, I am in Greenfield). Please pm with your email or email at am94pmREMOVE@comcast.net for the list. Keep in mind it is a XL based spreadsheet. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have the list complete. All the ammo in this list is all factory new, no reloads. All prices have the 7% Indiana sales tax included. Prices are based on you picking up (I can meet around the Indy area, I am in Greenfield). Please pm with your email or email at am94pmREMOVE@comcast.net for the list. Keep in mind it is a XL based spreadsheet. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I guess that I'm confused but I confuse easily. :rolleyesedit:

What is the minimum order and price is same whether we order one box of 50 or 10,000 rounds. To be fair, I haven't received the list yet so if it is explained there - I apologize in advance and please e-mail the list to me

Thanks ;)

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Prices are based on 1000 round case lots. It does not matter mix or match any caliber any brand. If you wish to break down to single boxes that could change if I don't buy at least a case. Does this make any sense? For example if 4 people want to split a case then just divide the price in list by 4, but if you by 250 rounds then the price could be a litte higher if I don't purchase a full case. Please let me know if you have an other questions. I would only have to sell 4-5 cases any brand any caliber at a time to get these prices. I will update if prices change.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

E-mail is Blocked in your Profile but I'll send you an e-mail thru Yahoo for the list

Thanks

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    A quantity might help with getting the price pulled lower. I know what I can commit to as posted. But also like Rhino stated. We have to get a per round price point we can afford.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Prices are based on 1000 round case lots. It does not matter mix or match any caliber any brand. If you wish to break down to single boxes that could change if I don't buy at least a case. Does this make any sense? For example if 4 people want to split a case then just divide the price in list by 4, but if you by 250 rounds then the price could be a litte higher if I don't purchase a full case. Please let me know if you have an other questions. I would only have to sell 4-5 cases any brand any caliber at a time to get these prices. I will update if prices change.
    You have a PM.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    I'm interested in:

:+1: M193 5.56 x 45mm at .27 a round I would be in for 2k

Last edited:

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    I'm up for the best quality ammo at the best price but I need a potpourri of calibers specifically. Brass cased, non lacquered cases, accurate but necessarily match grade. I would buy some 308 match if available.

.223 55 grain
    30 Carbine FMJ
    7.62X39 FMJ
    .308 FMJ
    50 cal
    9MM (Maybe)
    .357 HP (if possible)
    45 acp (if the price is right)

I realize that a stocking dealer may need some discretion in advertising a special price list for this deal but I'm not for some misguided (shadowy) dealer who is going to lead us on and then Not deliver at the specified price after having tied up our communal funds. I've been in the biz and carried for over 30 years and know most of the area (state) dealers (at least the long time ones) and there are some that should be selling used cars at the buy here, pay here. In other words, all that they profess is not golden.

I do not know Karl but from all reports he is a stand up guy and a man of his word and he has offered to be the point man for an FFL transfer. He further has offered to do this at no charge to us. I personally disagree and think that we should offer some monetary compensation for his efforts. I also know that a volume stocking dealer sometimes can get pricing that a small dealer is not privy to but any showroom gun dealer (rightfully so) is going to mark up the ammo price for a profit.

Too many of these group buys never go (except maybe court)anywhere for there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I did not want to see this happen to our first INGO effort at a group purchase but it can so easily happen without proper guidance and direction.

I probably have spoken out of turn but I've never been known to be a wallflower :cool:

Sounds like you know what your talking about to me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sounds like you know what your talking about to me.

Thanks for the kind thoughts but

Life Lessons are best "Learned the Hard-way"

The easiest period in a crisis situation is actually the battle itself. The most difficult is the period of indecision--whether to fight or run away. And the most dangerous period is the aftermath. It is then, with all his resources spent and his guard down that an individual must watch out for dulled reactions and faulty judgment. RMN

or My Personal Favorite

Never take a Knife to a Gunfight:draw:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom