• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody have a metal stock gate stolen? It's a first for me even hearing about it, but one of mine was stolen over the weekend. The steel cable was cut instead of the padlock.
    Like how big would such a thing be? Just trying to get an order of magnitude of how bold someone would have to be to do such a thing.

Is it something like this?

pl20784100-hot_dipped_galvanized_heavy_duty_cattle_gates_metal_livestock_gate.jpg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Anybody have a metal stock gate stolen? It's a first for me even hearing about it, but one of mine was stolen over the weekend. The steel cable was cut instead of the padlock.
    Damn. My 16' was a PITA to get here....and it wasn't exactly all that expensive.

But, I pity the fool who tries to steal it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not enough scrap to be worth the effort so I think deo62 may be right. They sell the gate itself. After calling the law I walked down the lane a short distance and found the brush had been pushed back so I'm figuring they mean to return. Bought this ground from the relatives of drug dealers who lived there, maybe somebody is looking for buried meth.

I cut a tree down and pushed it up to the entrance. They won't be driving back there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Time to put up a security camera pointed at it.

Any nearby neighbors have ring or similar camera setup? Might have caught the vehicle it was loaded onto coming or going.

I live in the deep woods, this is near the northwest corner of my ground where the county road ends. Just beyond there the culvert washed out in a heavy rain years ago and the county just closed the road.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It‘s amazing sometimes what people will steal.

Reckon they plan on doing some trespassing with that gate out of the way now?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Amazing how much ingenuity they can come up with. Sad that they didn't/don't apply that toward improving their lives and solving their problems.
    When it comes to property, and seemingly the larger and “emptier” it appears, there is always someone that thinks “no one will care” if they trespass and do what they want to do on it.

I don’t have a very big piece and I’ve had a couple issues over the years. You have to keep an eye out for people and run them off as quick as you find them encroaching/trespassing.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When it comes to property, and seemingly the larger and “emptier” it appears, there is always someone that thinks “no one will care” if they trespass and do what they want to do on it.

I don’t have a very big piece and I’ve had a couple issues over the years. You have to keep an eye out for people and run them off as quick as you find them encroaching/trespassing.
    Don't give an INCH.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom