• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Garage Sale find - large storage cases

I was on 46 west of Spencer and found a nice garage sale.

Bought a few of those large white plastic storage crates the military used to ship parts. They have about 10 latches to hold them together. They are about 20 inches by 2 feet by 3 feet. Not bad for 20 bucks each. They have the shipping foam still in them.

He is on the west side of Bowling Green Indiana, on HWY 46 and has a truckload of them.

They kind of look like these, but in white. Both sides have a metal rim and the latches hold the two halves together.

al2624-1205-big.jpg

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nice scores. I drove by a house ouside Princeton a while back and it had a dozen or so variously sized pelican style cases in the yard for sale. I always figured someone was soring "throwaway" containers from work.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was on 46 west of Spencer and found a nice garage sale.

Bought a few of those large white plastic storage crates the military used to ship parts. They have about 10 latches to hold them together. They are about 20 inches by 2 feet by 3 feet. Not bad for 20 bucks each. They have the shipping foam still in them.

He is on the west side of Bowling Green Indiana, on HWY 46 and has a truckload of them.

They kind of look like these, but in white. Both sides have a metal rim and the latches hold the two halves together.

al2624-1205-big.jpg

These are for protecting fragile items and they are fairly inefficient for their size. Compare the foam inserts to the exterior and you will see what I mean. You need to take pains to keep water and sand out of them, because the way they are built makes it very difficult to empty them of either once they get in.

Also keep in mind they are tough plastic - not unbreakable. They stack pretty well, but their sizes tend to make them inefficient in storage areas as well.

Good price on them, though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom