• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I really can't remember if this is the correct section of INGO for this post plus I have thought for two weeks about posting my concern or not. <---I hate giving people ideas.

Am I wrong to think that putting someones full name and phone number on a "HOLD TAG" is a bad idea. When Gander puts a gun on hold they leave it on the floor. I know people make such a big deal about the Gun Owners List that the newspapers have gotten a hold of, and this to me is an even bigger deal. I stood in front of a very nice Benelli shotgun and typed the potential owners phone number into a popular search engine on my Blackberry. I instantly had a husband and wifes name, and directions to there house.

Is this a concern worth bringing up with Gander? Who would I bring it up with? Any Gander employees on here?

I would have the same concern anywhere people could purchase something of high value. I'm not a thief, but I do come from the same age group of many current day thieves. My generation likes to type everything into the web.

Just looking for some opinions

Hank

gunnerkc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Mishawaka
    WOW
    I've never seen any store do that. I sure wouldn't want my information out there like that. I think you have a good point.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Not sure about safety, but I would definitely think that they are breaching their corporate confidentiality policy.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    A couple of years ago the one in Greenwood had a safe sitting next to the front door with a tag that said "Hold for ********". I would have been pretty upset about that myself.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Chalk up yet another excellent concern by a fellow ingo'er.

It's concerned guys like yourself and most of the rest of us that
    help keep things in check.

Thanks for bringing it up.

It should raise awareness in all of us when making a purchase
    that we are not taking with us at that time.

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I saw a tag with a first and last name on a gun at a GM in Indy a little before Christmas. It seemed inappropriate.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, they had my name on a safe for a couple of hours. I just thought I was paranoid to hurry up and go get the truck to pick it up. Just seems a bit unnecessary, they could do that a hundred different ways. I would be more ok with a tag that read, "SOLD to the overweight guy with glasses and a gotee."

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Yeah, they had my name on a safe for a couple of hours. I just thought I was paranoid to hurry up and go get the truck to pick it up. Just seems a bit unnecessary, they could do that a hundred different ways. I would be more ok with a tag that read, "SOLD to the overweight guy with glasses and a gotee."
    I bought a gunsafe?! :D

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another issue with guns at Gander

Not only would I be unhappy about my personal information being on public display, I am less than ecstatic about buying a gun that any goof in the world can mess around with before I buy it. I have bought 2 rifles from Gander. One was a special order Savage LRPV and the other was a 10/22. In the purchase of the Savage, the box hadn't been opened when I went to pick it up. As for the 10/22, I told them I didn't want the one which was out on display. They didn't like it much but they did get me one from the back after I told them I wouldn't accept the "used" gun they had out front. I have asked them a couple of times if they would discount a rifle due to dents and nicks from being handled by tire-kickers. Of course they wouldn't. There are, after all, Gander Mountain!

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Well good catch on that. I would call the people and explain exactly what you were doin to help them out then they would have to listen to you voice your concern and the people for them doing what they did! GM does nto have a good rep on this board do they?

Top Bottom