• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So I recently received a SIZEABLE Gander Mtn gift card. We all know their regular prices are out of wack but occasionaly their used guns are cool and priced right. The local (Evansville) store has a small used selection, the Terre Haute store is better.

What Indy area stores usually have the best selection? Thought about picking up a canoe or something else big, but the thought of several "free" guns is too appealing.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've seen other members post about good used finds at Castleton/Greenwood but I haven't seen any of my own. I'll let you know if I see anything this weekend.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Personally I go to Greenwood GM a couple times a month and I've yet to see a used pistol (that I would consider buying) selling for less than I could get it new @ Bradis or Beech Grove Firearms.

Castleton GM is similar, if you find yourself there, see if Evan is there, he's outstanding, the other people I've had experiences with there ranged from just being OK to "Wow I'll never buy there again"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not many deals at Greenwood right now... At least nothing that I considered a deal.

They do have a used, but LNIB G 24 for a right reasonable price, though. Can't remember what that price is off the top of my head.

They did have Remington UMC 115gr 9mm on sale for 10.99/box, though. That's a few bucks LESS THAN WALMART.

But, of course, that shelf spot was already empty...

I haven't been to the castleton store in a few months, but I've found deals there, too.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Not many deals at Greenwood right now... At least nothing that I considered a deal.

They do have a used, but LNIB G 24 for a right reasonable price, though. Can't remember what that price is off the top of my head.

They did have Remington UMC 115gr 9mm on sale for 10.99/box, though. That's a few bucks LESS THAN WALMART.

But, of course, that shelf spot was already empty...

I haven't been to the castleton store in a few months, but I've found deals there, too.

Sorry dude, think I grabbed their last 3 boxes, hee hee.

On the other hand in regard to prices, I understand getting your money's worth, but a gift card can make higher prices worth it, because it's no longer out of your pocket... If the price isn't HORRIBLE, go for it. They've got a nice Stoeger Cougar .40 in the Greenwood store new for $450, and honestly, the only local shop that can get one around here wants $415, so it's not a terrible rip.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Sounds like I may start stopping by the Greenwood store when I am up to Indy. In the past I have picked up used at Gander a very good condition S&W mdl 30 3" for $250, a Springfield M6 for $225, and an unfired H&R .44 mag with firesights for $145.

I was in the E'ville store a couple days ago and saw the Federal black box .223 ammmo on sale for $29.95/100. I though about faking an eastern Euro accent and picking up 3,000 rounds but decided that would be a bad idea. :D

I am just trying to stay disciplined and not buy something just cause I can.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Castleton GM is similar, if you find yourself there, see if Evan is there, he's outstanding, the other people I've had experiences with there ranged from just being OK to "Wow I'll never buy there again"

^^^^ THIS.

There are a couple of the younger guys that are really helpful, one of the older guys drives me nuts. It just depends. They sometimes have decent prices on used stuff.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    If you've got a .223, buy the American Eagle .223 100 round bulk boxes.....$29.99 each. Load up before the sale ends on the 8th. There is no limit on the amount you can buy in a visit.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If you've got a .223, buy the American Eagle .223 100 round bulk boxes.....$29.99 each. Load up before the sale ends on the 8th. There is no limit on the amount you can buy in a visit.

I may pick up 500-1,000, but I just have nopt been shooting my ARs much in the last few years and still have a few cases. Course a little more couldn't hurt. :)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Gander is hit or miss when it comes to used firearms. I as at the Castleton store yesterday and they hardly had anything. I have been there other times and they had a nice selection. Picked up a couple of used Berettas at really good prices. One looked new but the price made me think someone wasn't paying attention when they marked it. Of course it came home with me!

As to the Federal .223. At $30 a box they are a good price these days. Plus I had a $10 coupon on purchases over $50. Two boxes came home with me. 200 rounds for $50 is a really good price these days on .223 in reloadable brass.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    Gander used to honor competitors coupons. I used to be able to use my GM gift cards along with a Dick's $10 off $25 coupon and get some screaming deals. IIRC, they don't do that anymore, but it's worth a try I guess. Maybe the cashier won't know any better.....

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gander used to honor competitors coupons. I used to be able to use my GM gift cards along with a Dick's $10 off $25 coupon and get some screaming deals. IIRC, they don't do that anymore, but it's worth a try I guess. Maybe the cashier won't know any better.....

I doubt Gander would honor competitor coupons, but they do price match for local, in stock competitors.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    you can also negotiate with Gander too, so even the sticker price is really high, you can try and get them down some. Still won't be as low as Local Gun Shop, but if you have a Gift card, you can probably get some decent deals to use it on.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i go to the castleton gander mountain and the used rifle selection isn't good, you might find a nice shotgun in the rack, but thats about it. they never have any nice bolt actions, and the used pistol prices arent great either.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You have to visit GM often and be ready to snatch up the good 'used' guns because they don't last long. I picked up a P22 at the Greenwood store for $230 a couple of months ago and just recently snatched a XDm .40 with the black slide and OD body for $500. Neither pistol had a single scratch or mark of any kind on the feed ramps.
    I don't walk in the place without having at least $100 available to put something on layaway if I find it worthy. LOL

Top Bottom