• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Well, they seem to be the only major retailer taking advantage of the times...and us. Went in last week and they finally had some .308.....wait for it....$50.00 a box! I mentioned it to one of the guys working there and he had the stones to reply "what's wrong with making money."

I will never go back to Gander Mt for a single item, regardless of how much it is or how much harder it will be to get it online. I'm so pissed. Worthless pricks.

And no, they will not get an honorable mention for gunshop of the year.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Would you rather have ammo at $50 a box and in stock or $25 a box and out of stock? Indeed, WHAT is wrong with making money?

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    So what IS wrong with making money? Or what is wrong with Capitalism? If the price is too high then it won't sell which means they will lower the price. I'm not mad at them. Just my $.02

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    We are a long way from a natural disaster. And in that case you will take what you need. Money will be worthless in that case. Water will be the gold.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I've seen .308 at WalMart and Meijers, but can't remember it they had any today. I've done some price checking and yes things are a bit high, but the sales do come and go. I think Target is a bit pricey, but you can count on it being in stock. Keep looking, I'll keep an eye out.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Your loss someone else's gain. I have been going to gander for a the last 3 to 4 months and there ammo hasn't went up to much conpared to local shops and private sells getting a buck and more a round for 223/556. And when they got it 22lr and 9mm its not abnormaly high. Thats here in fort wayne.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have been going the Ft wayne gander and have gotten some pretty good deals there. I plan on going back this thursday since I missed last week. remington UMC 9mm is still 15$ a box and 525 packs of 22LR are still 25$.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I must have been in the wrong isle. I was at FW gander this weekend and didn't see any 9 or 45 for less than $50 for 50. Basically no 22, def no bulk 22

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, they seem to be the only major retailer taking advantage of the times...and us. Went in last week and they finally had some .308.....wait for it....$50.00 a box! I mentioned it to one of the guys working there and he had the stones to reply "what's wrong with making money."

I will never go back to Gander Mt for a single item, regardless of how much it is or how much harder it will be to get it online. I'm so pissed. Worthless pricks.

And no, they will not get an honorable mention for gunshop of the year.

I was in Greenwood, Gander, Sat. 2nd. I saw Match ammo, I think Federal Gold Medal????? It was indeed, $49.99 per box of 20 ..... do not know what it was going for B4 the "panic" .....

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    What's needed is more supply, and in order for supply to go up, price has to go up.

Right now the market supports higher prices which is going to increase the supply.

Start your own ammo company and charge less than the market price. You'll help increase supply and lower the price for someone.

If you were to artificially lower the price of ammunition, like is often tried with rent control, you actually decrease supply, because not everyone can make it at the reduced price.

Top Bottom