• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Has anyone tried to price match at Gander? I see they offer a price guarantee on web and in store. In-store says the competitor has to be within a 1 hour drive. Has anyone been successful in using a national printed catalog with this? They have some "specialty" ammo I'm looking at, but they are so overpriced it's not even funny.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Gander Mountain is a joke and any local dealer has better prices. Don't support Cooperate America support small business america go to your local dealer and ask them to order a case.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have tried on multiple occasions to get GM to match prices. I went and showed them an online 'opportunity' I had and asked if they could make it close. I even offered for their price to include what I would have payed for shipping and the transfer. They just laughed. I know it wasn't personal, but they did not display any interest in me as a customer. I have not forgotten.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't price match. If it's cheaper at the other store, I'll just buy it at the other store. Why would I make a second trip to GM just to get the same deal?

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I think I get upset every time I go to GM that is why for a dollar or two more and less driving I would rather buy from my local dealer.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Thanks for the feedback all. GM has several boxes of 50BMG for a super low price of $70 per box! This is for Federal M33, the same stuff I just purchased from Bud's for $36 per box! Guess I'll just send more money to Bud's.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Even though their prices are on the high side, it sure is convenient to browse their stock on hand. That's what happens when the bean counters take over.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Anybody who sells guns by MSRP, is doing the customer wrong. Gander is no exception, and I really don't like their attitude in regards to thinking the customer is an idiot. I asked the Smith at the Castleton store about a different trigger spring in my shotgun, and I got the biggest bunch of hot air I couldn't believe. You'd think I was asking him to straighten a bent barrel. I called Remington, they comped me two competition sear springs for my 1187's, said it was no big deal, and now I just have to put them in. I'm amazed any company has that kind of attitude, in this economy, but I suppose they think the "Obama" effect is still driving the market place.

I also called some local shops looking for a S&W 442 for my wife, just to see. I was amazed $600!! They were quoting the exact retail out of their distributors catalogs online. I dropped into Ol Bob's in Plainfield on Saturday, $439, and out the door in 15 minutes. What a pleasure!! I guess I just call around, to confirm to myself what great deals he makes.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    the only deals I ever find at gander are on used guns. when the one here in evansville opened I bought a Remington sp10 10ga auto shotgun for $500 and some change..its a $1k+ shotgun..never had a problem with it either. as far as price matching..dont know,if I see what I want for a good price Ill go buy it there instead of trying to get the kids at gander to match it.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I've never had them price match, but they beat the price of a local competitor once by over $100.

I bought a 12ga remington 870 supermag. and they sold it to me for less than the tag of their own regular mag. price!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Has anyone tried to price match at Gander? I see they offer a price guarantee on web and in store. In-store says the competitor has to be within a 1 hour drive. Has anyone been successful in using a national printed catalog with this? They have some "specialty" ammo I'm looking at, but they are so overpriced it's not even funny.

They will price match guns as long as you tell them where you seen it. For example, if Gander sells a Glock for $575.00 and Plainfield has it for $499.00, Gander will call to verify. You will walk out paying $499.00. It's worked for me on a few occasions at the Greenwood store. I will add they do not like to do it though... cuts down on their commision.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I saw a P3AT at the 1500 about 2 years ago at the table where A AC guns (mooresville, IN) for $229.99. I couldn't commit and I let it go. The next day I was at GM in castleton and they had it for $329.99. I asked about price matching and they said they would match it if it was within 40 miles and in stock (phone call to verify). I asked the Black Berry and it said they were 37.1 miles away.

I told the guy I wanted them to call and he threw a pissy fit. He said they were too far away. Another GM employee working in the gun department told him to just do it. I filled out the paperwork and walked out with it for $229 + tax.

That's the only gun I have bought from them. Their prices are just too high (unless you are comparing to Don's!) Sorry Don.

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    GM did have the opportunity to sell me 550 22LR but they would not match the Walmart price which was 8 dollars less. They did not seem to care. This much of a price diff on such a common ammo surprised me. Anyway, it did not slow me down any.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I tried to get them to price match before and they would not do it. Now if I really wanted a handgun from whittakers in Kentucky I would have to pay the shipping and transfer fee. It is too much of a hassle for me to mess with.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I am all with the idea of giving the place with the lower price the business but on the other hand if it pisses GM off to price match maybe I will do it one one gun just to **** them off.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    They will price match guns as long as you tell them where you seen it. For example, if Gander sells a Glock for $575.00 and Plainfield has it for $499.00, Gander will call to verify. You will walk out paying $499.00. It's worked for me on a few occasions at the Greenwood store. I will add they do not like to do it though... cuts down on their commision.

They will also add shipping on top of the match price with tax, so you still be paying more than your local store.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i bought my 10/22 from the GM in castleton a few years ago. not only did they price match, but they beat the price by 10% because i had the ad (dicks) with me that showed their price.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood

This was not my experience at Greenwood at all. I brought them the web page from Buds and the manager flatly refused to match it, even when adding shipping to the price. If you have gotten them to do it, you are a far better negotiator than I am - very happy you got them to honor their commitment.
    Very sad when they sometimes choose to not sell a gun to someone that really wants to buy one locally. Oh well, their loss.

Top Bottom