• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Been thinking about one of these myself.
    "I" don't think there is a better one out there for the money. Prices on the internet seem to be anywhere from 200.00 all the way up to 300.00 for the best of the best.
    Several on gunbroker.com and you might want to check out Pyramid Air's web page Gamo Whisper. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com

Gamo Whisper .22 caliber Precision Air Rifle with 3-9x40 scope and mounts This New Model will change the way you think about hunting with airguns! Offering 940fps with PBA or 750fps with standard lead, your sure to be ready for the elements. The non-removable noise dampener reduces the noise up to 52%!
    $225.90 plus shipping

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought a Gamo at a K-Mart in Idaho for $125. Very accurate...I shoot leaves off of trees in the back yard at 15 yds.......it might be a bit hard for a woman or a child to break the barrel down to cock though.....

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Gamo Big Cat 1200. Nice pellet rifle. I kill Iquanas with down here in Florida. 1200 FPS. Almost like shooting a 22LR. Pretty accurate with a scope. I got a refurbished one for $90. Try Pyramid AirGuns.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Just bought a Gamo whisper and I am impressed with it...alot different then the red ryder I had as a kid:):
    though I will say it is not silent in the least..sounds alot like a .22 with CBs,kinda makes me wonder what the none "noise dampening" models sound like. another one that I thought about was the Gamo big cat..very similar in specs with out the dampener and quit a bit cheaper. I just got my whisper but my dad has owned one for a few weeks now and even he is impressed with its accuracy and power...his is "the bone collector" model..same gun your just paying for a fancy stock with that one.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Beeman has a cheapie that you can get at Walmart for $125, it has a .177 and .22 barrels, that way you can try both. I like mine even those its cheap. It works great.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have a RWS MDL 48 in .25 caliber..great gun! I also have a Benjamin Discovery .22 cal precharged with the pump. When you run low on air..no CO2'S to buy, just hook up your pump and start pumping to 2000 psi, and you are ready to go again for about 30 good shots.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    I just bought one of those Gamo 22/shot shell guns. A lot of fun. Shotshells are expensive, but saw on youtube all it takes is toilet paper and shot to reload. Fairly accurate with shotgun style sight using 22. Gonna put one of those cheap red dots on soon. Was 89 bucks at SG.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I just bought one of those Gamo 22/shot shell guns. A lot of fun. Shotshells are expensive, but saw on youtube all it takes is toilet paper and shot to reload. Fairly accurate with shotgun style sight using 22. Gonna put one of those cheap red dots on soon. Was 89 bucks at SG.

Interesting, my son wanted to get one. Where is SG?

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a Gamo 220.
    It's one of the nicest pellet rifles I've ever owned... I've owned a bunch of them.

One shot kills at 35 to 40 yards on rodents are not unusual.

Chipmunks fear me... as do starlings, cowbirds and grackles! LOL!

I would like to have the 220 in a .22 caliber but they don't make one.

Top Bottom