• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Nothing ticks me off quite so fast as a so-called "scientist" who uses their credentials to seek fame and notoriety rather than the truth. This chick has decided to make some hay over violent video games, but when pressed for details on the "numerous studies" she cites, it's amazing how "busy" she is and can't take the time away from testifying in front of Congress to provide something to back it up:

Playing the rape card: "Media psychiatrist" ratchets up anti-videogame rhetoric

I especially love the quote towards the end where she says that if she wasn't an expert, Congress wouldn't want her to testify :rolleyes:

It's more like, if she wasn't helping push someone's agenda, Congress wouldn't want her to testify.

This of course is the same tactic used by gun banners, global warming alarmists, anti-junk food activists, and everyone else with a moral panic they want turned into legislation. It pisses me off to no end.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, I'm sure it's the video games. Not the lack of parenting or morals or societies continuing trend toward hedonism.

Dumb.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Yes, I'm sure it's the video games. Not the lack of parenting or morals or societies continuing trend toward hethenism.

Dumb.

Damn...I thought this would be the first time you and I would agree on a societal issue ATO...then I looked up the definition of "hethenism" and it wasn't what I thought it was.

Maybe next time! :D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Heh, the guy who should actually be seated before congress, you know the actual SCIENTIST, did a great job of smacking her around. This lady is a self described "Media Psychiatrist". A female Dr. Phil that writes relationship books, and I might add, a grade A harpy.

Oh yeah, she also calls herself an expert witness. Try and figure out what she is an expert at.

Psychiatrist - Expert Witness - Author - TV/Radio Host & Script Consultant - Dr. Carole

/waiting on Rift

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    They say its the video games but I disagree. I may have posted this in another thread but I was in burger king and heard some kids about eight years old talking about playing Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Where are the parents? I don't have any kids but if I did I wouldn't let them play those games at age eight. Call me over protective but to me those are age sixteen and up games.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Heh, the guy who should actually be seated before congress, you know the actual SCIENTIST, did a great job of smacking her around. This lady is a self described "Media Psychiatrist". A female Dr. Phil that writes relationship books, and I might add, a grade A harpy.

Oh yeah, she also calls herself an expert witness. Try and figure out what she is an expert at.

Psychiatrist - Expert Witness - Author - TV/Radio Host & Script Consultant - Dr. Carole

/waiting on Rift

Is this lady serious? Check out her specialties and her past experience. Of Course she's an expert witness!

ALL cases (Plaintiff & Defense) involving
    psychiatric issues/emotional distress, including:

High Profile Cases
    Entertainment Law/Media Copycats
    Sexual Harassment
    Discrimination/Wrongful Termination
    Divorce/Custody
    Abuse: Sexual, Physical & Emotional
    Malpractice/Wrongful Death
    Child/Adolescent issues
    Personal Injury/Equestrian/Other Sports
    Terrorism/Violence
    Priest Misconduct

PRIOR CASES INCLUDE:
    Terri Schiavo appeal
    Nevada v. Floyd Mayweather (domestic violence)
    People v. Jonathan Schmitz (Jenny Jones Talk Show Murder Trial)
    Tate v. Larry Johnson/Stacey Augman (NBA paternity and assault)
    Roseanne Barr v. Tom Arnold
    Jasmer v. Geraldo (emotional distress)
    High School Shooting cases: Families v. Media

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Damn...I thought this would be the first time you and I would agree on a societal issue ATO...then I looked up the definition of "hethenism" and it wasn't what I thought it was.

Maybe next time! :D

My bad, was thinking hedonism, typed hethenism. Will correct.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    They say its the video games but I disagree. I may have posted this in another thread but I was in burger king and heard some kids about eight years old talking about playing Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Where are the parents? I don't have any kids but if I did I wouldn't let them play those games at age eight. Call me over protective but to me those are age sixteen and up games.

I have no problem with my kids playing war games where you kill the enemy. I don't let them play games where the bad guy is the hero. For example... grand theft auto and mafia games. I also let them watch violent movies like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down and The Punisher to show them right and wrong and what evil men can do to you. You can't bury your head in the sand and pretend the world is a bed of roses.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have no problem with my kids playing war games where you kill the enemy. I don't let them play games where the bad guy is the hero. For example... grand theft auto and mafia games. I also let them watch violent movies like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down and The Punisher to show them right and wrong and what evil men can do to you. You can't bury your head in the sand and pretend the world is a bed of roses.

Agreed. Maybe Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops aren't the best examples. Also, you make some very good points on teaching them write and wrong opposed to senseless killing.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Frankly, with all the evil going on right now on every level, its hard for me to get worked up over video games.

Seriously. Video games. Who cares?! Let her spout what she wants to spout, fix the deficit, get people jobs, dont take our guns.

I could care less what anyone does regarding video games.

But hey, thats just me.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    From the original article:

"Despite the seriousness of Lieberman’s allegations, when asked by Wired.com multiple times to clarify her comments, she failed to cite a single study, statistic, or piece of evidence that proved her point.

Perhaps it’s because such studies simply don’t exist."

There's sharks in my toilet. Sharks swim in water. Water is in my toilet. I rest my case.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    From the original article:

"Despite the seriousness of Lieberman’s allegations, when asked by Wired.com multiple times to clarify her comments, she failed to cite a single study, statistic, or piece of evidence that proved her point.

Perhaps it’s because such studies simply don’t exist."

There's sharks in my toilet. Sharks swim in water. Water is in my toilet. I rest my case.

:eek:

You have sharks in your toilet? :scared:

Top Bottom