• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I already have the G23 and shoot it very very well. But I don't carry it as much as I would like especially in the summer as it is a little on the big side.

I have toyed around with trading in on a G27. I was just wanting any opinions on this from anyone who owns a G27, owns both, owns a G23 and shot a G27.

How does the smaller G27 shoot in terms of accuracy? Is it easy to carry? How does the .40 cal feel from the smaller gun. would I be better off looking at the G26?

Thanks

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I have had both the 27 and 23. Actually I have had 2 23's.
    I started out with a 23, sold it and bought a 27 then traded back for a 23 and realized that I really liked my 27 more. I have yet to get a 27 but when I have the money that will be my next Glock. Accuracy wise, you just have to practice and learn the weapon. I have a G22 that I know like the back of my hand. I could pick up 100 G22's and find mine out of the bunch. Back to the OP, I would recommend a 27 for concealable.

**Added**
    When I carrying a 27, you dont even feel it on your side. Not the least bit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdqIhmu9Fuk"]YouTube - Glock 27 Shoot[/ame]

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Also, a 27 vs 26. The 27 has noticeably more recoil than the 26. If you have Glock 40's go with the 40. If you have Glock 9's go with the 26. That way you can use all your Glock mags in the sub-compact...:twocents:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Get the 27. I've got the 27, and it's really easy to shoot. I've owned a couple of 23s before, and to tell you the truth, I think the 27 handles recoil better. Something to do with the double recoil spring in the 27 vs. the single spring in the 23, I think.

If you decide that you don't like the 2-finger grip, you can always use G23 mags with grip sleeves, giving you sort of a defacto snub-nose G23. You can also use a simple pinky extender floorplate to get your pinky on the grip without sacrificing a lot of concealability.

Versatility is the reason I like my 27. You can't shrink the G23 to put it in your pocket, but I've carried my 27 in my cargo shorts front pocket without issue. If anyone asks you what that square thing in your pocket is, tell them it's your PDA. Only while they are thinking "Personal Digital Assistant," you'll be thinking "Personal Defense Accessory." :)

The GAP floorplates tame recoil even more, they don't affect concealability, and give you a rock solid hold on the gun, despite the 2-finger grip. I've got one on my G27. I like it!

GAPfloorplate.jpg

G A P H O M E <-----Click here

Hard to beat 10 rounds of .40 in your pocket, and as another poster mentioned, the G27 is so light, you'll forget you're wearing it if you belt carry.

Did I mention that I like the G27? :):

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Glock 27

I have both and I love that 27. Look up Mith Rosen gunleater and check out his UPL holster. It is a on the belt holster that holds the body of the gun ABOVE your belt line. Absolutely fantastic holster for the little 27, it vanishes under a sweatshirt. I have several Rosen holsters (shameless plug) I think they are the best leather period.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I have a G26 (wanted a G27, but got a good deal) and I can shoot it just about as good as any of my other handguns. At first it took a little getting used to, but I'm getting pretty dead on with it now. Carries great with a fobus, only when I'm driving do I notice it a little, but is a lot more comfortable sitting down than my 2.25 Ruger SP101 in a pancake holster (hammer pokes into my gut). As said above, sure is comforting with 10-11 rounds at your side without even feeling its there. As far as recoil, can't speak for the .40, but I don't even notice anything outta the lil bugger.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    First GLOCK was a G23, but I also was looking at the G27 then as well. I found the grip shape/length was a bit more difficult to conceal and not too comfortable at times (smart carry anyone...?).

Anyway, I chopped the grip on the G23 down to a G27 size and I found it worked great for carry and was still quite comfortable to shoot when using the magazine extension.

That slight grip shape/length difference between the G27 with the mag extension and the full G23 grip made all the difference for me. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just would have got the G27 and saved myself the work!

IMG_1033-1.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have both weapons and really liked the 23 more than the 27 at the range with more in the grip to hold on to. On the flip side, the 27 was awsome for cc and at times I forgot it was there.

You need both .... :O)

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I don't have a 23 or a 27 but thought I'd post anyway:D. What I do have however is a 19 and a 26, same difference but in 9mm, and I much prefer the 19 over the 26. To me the 26 is just too small to hang onto. I'm seriously tempted to get rid of the 26 and try to find a 23 - same as the 19 I like so well but with a little more 'bang'. Like everything else though, I suppose 23's are a little hard to find these days.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I love the 27. The information given in earlier responses is all excellent and I won't try to add anything but my endorsement.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I took my 27 to the range today. I'll be honest, I don't practice with it as much as I should. I put about 100 rounds thru it at 7 yds. Every round was kept well with in the 9, most with in the 10 ring. Most of the rounds were fired with a 1-2 second gab between shots, but I did do a couple of mags just trying to see how close I could get my grouping. POA is good with this little gun, but still not as good as my Sig. :D

Top Bottom