• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    So, I went shooting with Smitty506th this past Sunday. We zeroed our new AR's and shot off some 9 mil. Anyway, I had him take this video of me doing an 18 round rapid fire with my G19 (G17 mag full w/ one in the chamber). Pay attention to the first six rounds fired.

Most will ask "that's cool, but can you hit anything firing like that?" The answer is most definitely yes. How? I am only about 12-15 feet from the target. I wouldn't even attempt it from further. While I can't confirm that every single round hit, there were definitely ALOT of wholes in that target.

Maybe on the next one, I'll have one camera on me and one on the target.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFmPBj16KRE"]YouTube - Glock 19 - 18 Round Rapid Fire[/ame]

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Funny you did that because last week when my roommate and I were out at the range we tried the exact same thing (15rd G22 mag). It was a lot of fun, and it was really cool to see the stream of brass flying through the air all at once. I would say I probably hit about 10 out of the 15 shots like that.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Why don't you tell the good people who are worried about the money you spent on ammo that this was the second take....... :)

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Right like it is SO sudden. We need to see about getting a belt fed Glock..... I wonder why they are not making rifles... Then you could blow 200 rounds like a cowboy on METH.

For those of you who were not there.... You should have seen the nearby horses response... Next time you should cut loose, mounted. That is a video the people would love to see.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Great job on the rapid fire but from the looks of it that would have been some scattered shots for sure. The slide itself moved a good 3-4 inches vertically which would have thrown off the placement quite a bit. Nice stance though!

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Rlee,

Actually, as I put in the original post, I was only about 12 feet from the target. You are correct that the grouping was "scattered", but most of the rounds (first 5 for sure) hit inside a torso sized target area (or vital organs if you prefer). Firing that rapidly is not meant to be 100% accurate. Just enough to gain surprise and get 3-5 rounds into the target (or aggressor) before he/she has time to react. Thanks for your comments on the stance. I "dry" fire alot to practice draw technique and stance.

And, yes, it was fun...:rockwoot:

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Actually, as I put in the original post, I was only about 12 feet from the target. You are correct that the grouping was "scattered", but most of the rounds (first 5 for sure) hit inside a torso sized target area (or vital organs if you prefer). Firing that rapidly is not meant to be 100% accurate. Just enough to gain surprise and get 3-5 rounds into the target (or aggressor) before he/she has time to react.

And what, hit the innocent bystanders behind the target with the other 13-15? There is no reason you can't shoot accurately, even at that speed. It happens all the time in our "gamer" world.

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=841341607847861912"]3.78 El Prezidente[/ame]

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Well... There seem to be some people who just can't grasp it. The video rapid fire was just for the hell of it. I am quite schocked that anyone would even attempt to compare the fantasy of the gaming world with the reality of pulling an ACTUAL trigger. The two are nothing alike, at all. For reality purposes, the other 10-15 shots would not have been fired. Like I said, first 3-5 rounds. the other shots in the video were for the hell of it.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Well... There seem to be some people who just can't grasp it. The video rapid fire was just for the hell of it. I am quite schocked that anyone would even attempt to compare the fantasy of the gaming world with the reality of pulling an ACTUAL trigger. The two are nothing alike, at all. For reality purposes, the other 10-15 shots would not have been fired. Like I said, first 3-5 rounds. the other shots in the video were for the hell of it.

EatMeerKats is talking about the 'competition' world...

Also, EVERY round you fire should have a purpose; else, you ARE wasting your time and money. PLUS, you are training yourself to 'do it wrong' when you could be tasking to 'do it right'. If you spend time expecting to hit 20%, you will hit less than that against an 'aggressor'.

:twocents:

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Again, I think this "rapid fire" has been misinterpreted. I completely understand the concept of training for practical purposes and situations. I do not fire like this on any sort of constant basis. I do practical no-nonsence training alot. This video was just for the hell of it. To put everyone at ease, I would never have fired past the first 3-5 rounds like that in a real situation.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    EatMeerKats is talking about the 'competition' world...

Also, EVERY round you fire should have a purpose; else, you ARE wasting your time and money. PLUS, you are training yourself to 'do it wrong' when you could be tasking to 'do it right'. If you spend time expecting to hit 20%, you will hit less than that against an 'aggressor'.

:twocents:
    +1

All but 2 of the shots in the video I posted were hits in the A-zone (5.9x11") of a USPSA target 30' away... tactics aside, competition shooters are the best shooters in the world. Period. My point is that there is no reason you can't shoot that fast and hit the target every time. Too many people dismiss competitive shooting as "not tactical" and ignore the extreme gun handling skills it builds.:)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    +1

All but 2 of the shots in the video I posted were hits in the A-zone (5.9x11") of a USPSA target 30' away... tactics aside, competition shooters are the best shooters in the world. Period. My point is that there is no reason you can't shoot that fast and hit the target every time. Too many people dismiss competitive shooting as "not tactical" and ignore the extreme gun handling skills it builds.:)

Plus, it's fun as hell :D

Top Bottom