• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Went to a buddies property this weekend for some shooting. There were 6 of us with many different handguns and rifles. We had bought some watermelons and cabbage to shoot for fun in addition to normal targets. We shot some cabbage with different handgun loads and a shotgun and it was okay. Then we moved back to the 100 yd mark and shot a cabbage with my AR...HOLY CRAP it was like there was an M80 blowing up inside there when that 55gr Hp went through. Everyone had a turn shooting the cabbages and every time they exploded like crazy, it was hilarious. The watermelons blew up too but nothing like the cabbage. Sorry forgot to bring the video camera but I highly recommend cabbages for high power rifle targets. There was a lot of slaw to go around at the end of the day.

Anyone else have any fun cheap stuff to shoot stories?

Last edited:

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    we have shot many different things but prefer a couple gallons of gas ignited by tannerite!! just don't do it near any towns....they WILL call the police to investigate your happy shooting arses!! kinda hard to hide a 20 foot fireball going up into the sky!!!

only problem with the veggies is that they don't have a lot of volume to them so when you use high power rifles like a .223 or a .308 you have to shot them from farther back because at closer than 100 yards the bullets are moving so fast they tend not to open up and have the explosive results you get when they have slowed down a little.

P.S. if you wanna know how to do the tannerite get with me.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    When I was a kid, my father and I, before the hunting season would start; would take gallon milk jugs filled with water and set them out at anywhere from 100 - 300 yards, and sight in my Remington .243 and his 30-06. What a cool sight, watching those jugs explode through the scope! :ar15::D

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have used cheap full pop cans and it was nothing but mist and the aluminum tops falling to the ground a little while later. Extremely fun. I have also done the water jug thing, that too was a blast!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've used paintballs. there is a lot of setup but makes for a fun little competition. I glue them to some string and have at it. One thing to make it cheaper is you can find some websites that sell deformed paintballs, defects, or factory seconds.

Makes for some good precision shooting with a 22 at 75+ yds

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've enjoyed shooting old eggs that sat in my fridge too long and didn't get eaten. Along with other fruit, apples, oranges, etc. Plus pumpkins are fun, esp when its an old jack o lantern and you forgot to remove the can that the candle was in inside. If you hit that can it blows a nice hole out the back and most of the pumpkin will fall down. :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    sometime in the near future I've got a half keg of old beer from a friend's wedding reception that he never turned in, still pressurized. I'm going to light a fire around it to heat it up and increase the pressure. Then see what my M44 or 30-06 does to it :D

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    sometime in the near future I've got a half keg of old beer from a friend's wedding reception that he never turned in, still pressurized. I'm going to light a fire around it to heat it up and increase the pressure. Then see what my M44 or 30-06 does to it :D

:yesway: Get video, or as many here like to say, "it never happened!"

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Friends and I in my shooting group bring different interesting targets to the range when we have our shooting meets. Like bowling pins, old lawnmowers, fridges, washing machines, stuffed animals, tannerite, old bullet resistant vests or obsolete trama plates, steel disks, etc. Last time one of the fellows brought a case of old out of date insect spray cans that a retailer friend of his was going to just throw away but gave it to him instead. He set a bunch of them up downrange and I got on them with my 50 rd magazine water cooled Ruger 10/22 crankfire and really cut them up.

Some of them did nothing but spin around a bit and some of them practically exploded. Several of them actually went airborne. And I mean REALLY airborne. One of them shot up about 20 ft in the air and then went sideways like a rocket completely out of the range area into the surrounding woods. That was something to see. I mean a big ole standard insect spray can going off that far like a rocket. This was a really desolate range out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around it for miles so it was very safe. Plus it was a blast and probably helped keep the bugs away too since we were camping right on the range. Plus you know how sometimes you can't see if you hit the target or not sometimes? You hole it but it doesn't move? There is no question when you shoot a pressurized insect spray can. :D

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My nine year old son and I like to play 22golf. Toss a golf ball out and start hitting it, knocking it downrange until you can't see or hit it any more. I pick them up cheap at yard sales.

Top Bottom