• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Bet you can't guess where? Okay, I bet you can. Anyway, my name is Adam and I live in the Terre Haute area. I actually live in Riley now. Anyway, sometime in the next few months, I plan on purchasing a pistol. I think at this point I have my eye on a Walther P22 over at Farve's. I still haven't got to Patriot's on Maple though. Not looking for anything for home defense or anything, just something to shoot at the range (or a house of a friend with no neighbors) that isn't expensive to shoot. I was originally interested in a revolver due to my thinking you would have to have a permit to own a hand gun. After finding out I don't, decided to go up to a bigger gun.

I haven't shot a gun in over 10 years. Back when my parents were together I shot my dad's 22 rifle and a shot gun. I also know the owners of the former Poff's sporting goods. I know I have shot a 9mm, 38 caliber and a 357 because of this.

Hope to get some of my dad's guns at some point (be nice if he would give me one to start out, but not likely). He has four hand guns and 4-5 rifles and shotguns. I believe he has a 22, 9mm, 38 special, and a 357 magnum in hand guns. He has two 410's and two 12 guages, along with a 22 rifle. I want one of the 410's. It is a bolt action that was owned by my grandpa who passed away in 2010. I also have nothing that was my Grandpa's that I can show off that is special.

Anyway, I been looking at the classifieds for a few days now and don't know where I will be getting a gun, but there is a good chance one of them will come from here. Right now, would like to shoot some hand guns to see what I would like to get. Also, been friends with Clay for a few years now. I will get a LTCCHG at some point, but starting out, just going for the gun.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I guess I should also tell the story of my last fire arm experience. Was out at my uncles shooting those clay discs with a double barrel shotgun. One shell fired, but the second didn't. Being young, I still had my hand on the trigger and not in safety mode either. As I was bringing it up, as it got to a 45° angle from me, it went off. It sorta of scared me, but ready to get over it and own my own gun now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom