• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Hope this isn't considered solicitation. I'm not selling anything.

But a friend and I are trying to start doing some short films, and we started off with a quick test to see how well were worked together.

So I came up with a spoof commercial about the reality of getting pills out of a bottle.

If you like it, please give it a thumbs up. If not. Then just close the browser. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYSzueUrj0&feature=share&list=UUGwrGQYBOMUbe5KRsQTDYdw

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I just had a discussion with my boss about the video. I work at a design firm. We mainly deal with websites, but have been trying to get him to sell more video projects.

His main concern with this video is that people won't know that its supposed to be funny. Said its more awkward funny. Like, was I supposed to laugh at that?

I didn't make it with the intention that you laugh your ass off, but as a quick giggle.

When you watch it, did you get it right off the bat? Or did you finish it only realizing what the funny part was supposed to be after it was over?

But we have a proposal out there for a project where the client wants an obviously funny video. I said to send them this video as a "sample" of what we can do. And my boss is just afraid that the client will think of this as not funny, and move on to another firm.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I thought it was good for a chuckle. I didn't laugh out loud, but I did think it was funny and saw the potential. Maybe funnier if the guy has to ask his wife to get pills out for him?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just had a discussion with my boss about the video. I work at a design firm. We mainly deal with websites, but have been trying to get him to sell more video projects.

His main concern with this video is that people won't know that its supposed to be funny. Said its more awkward funny. Like, was I supposed to laugh at that?

I didn't make it with the intention that you laugh your ass off, but as a quick giggle.

When you watch it, did you get it right off the bat? Or did you finish it only realizing what the funny part was supposed to be after it was over?

But we have a proposal out there for a project where the client wants an obviously funny video. I said to send them this video as a "sample" of what we can do. And my boss is just afraid that the client will think of this as not funny, and move on to another firm.

I love dry humor! I thought it was great. I love when I put out a video and get all the feedback about the things that were supposed to be wrong and then they find out it's a spoof and then it, "Ohhhhhhhhh..." :D

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Pretty good!

Of course a man's man doesn't need water to take 2 ibuprofens :D

Ha. True. Back when I had my first back surgery, I had to take all sorts of pills. Sometimes I wasn't around water, so I taught myself how to take the 2-5 pills of various sizes without water, all at once. Never once had a problem getting them down.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What kind of gear are you shooting with? I shoot stills with a 7D, but have been wanting to dabble in HD video with some shorts like this.

What did you use to sync the audio?

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie

I think it was pretty good. Things can be made funnier, but he production quality was good, which is probably the most important part. It could be the funniest thing ever, but if it looks like crap people aren't going to watch it most likely, especially if it's a commercial.

I had to make a commercial for class, and I totally bungled it kind of. I waited too long to reshoot and some of my footage got corrupted. it sucked, but here it is:

http://youtu.be/pD5eXoQtnQo

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    What kind of gear are you shooting with? I shoot stills with a 7D, but have been wanting to dabble in HD video with some shorts like this.

What did you use to sync the audio?

Used a Canon 60D. Canon L 24-70 2.8 lens. Had a couple photo lights shooting through a screen to soften it. Audio was recorded to a Zoom H4N.

Audio was added later in post. No sound was recorded while shooting the video. Recorded voice and soundFX later. Used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit.

Not a cheap production by any means for what it may seam. But I'm a graphic designer and we shoot some video for our clients with my equipment. And am in pre-production for a short film right now that I'm writing. Which, BTW, I may be asking the INGO community for some help for some certain locations. But will talk more about it later when it comes closer to time.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    The Zoom H4N is the bomb. I was in a class about a year ago where my group did the audio for this short film another class was shooting, and except for ADR and some sound FX, we used the H4N and it was awesome and easy to use.

Here is the short film if anyone wants to watch it. The turds misspelled my name in the credits, which sucks, but the video class crapped on some of the video editing which made all of the audio class mad:

http://youtu.be/Nsg1uW1gQro

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    The Zoom H4N is the bomb.

Just got the H4N for Christmas this year, and this was the first thing I've used it on. Still have to learn how to properly use it. The levels were inconsistant between the things I recorded. Voice/saw/pills/leather gloves/wood. But have already figured out what I have done wrong, now to just fix it.

Top Bottom