• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Today's match at Angola was a pretty fun little club match. I had a blast, and next month may be even better.(heard talk of the texas star:):)

Anybody else here make it? I was shooting my Sig from concealment and had my Grandfather walking around with me, showing him what it was all about. Who were you?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    I ran stage 3 with the tall walls where you had to shoot between the gaps between the walls.

Good turn out today. I think in the 3 years I've been shooting there that's the most I've seen. 42 I think was the number.

-rvb

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    I ran stage 3 with the tall walls where you had to shoot between the gaps between the walls.

Good turn out today. I think in the 3 years I've been shooting there that's the most I've seen. 42 I think was the number.

-rvb

Glad to meet you Ryan. My buddy thanks you for letting him borrow the mags, he is buying a few in the next week or so.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Glad to meet you Ryan. My buddy thanks you for letting him borrow the mags, he is buying a few in the next week or so.

Not a problem... shooting a Beretta, I don't get to help guys out with equipment very often...

Some info to pass along to him:
    I suggest a minimum of 6 mags. One in the gun, 4 on the belt, and a barney. Ideally, I advocate enough mags to shoot two complete stages. This way, should you not have time to reload mags between stages, or the range is horribly sandy/muddy and you don't have time to clean, then you can just shoot w/o wasting your walkthrough time screwing around with mags. So that would be 5 mags for two stages plus a barney, or 11 mags. It's easy to do as cheap as the Beretta mags are. So make sure he has 6 now, then if he gets into it seriously, he can get another stage's worth.

Alot of production shooters say you need 5 on the belt.... I've been doing this a long time and I've never ran out w/ only 4. That's 51 rounds....

Here are some factory 15-rounders w/ the factory bumper pads from the "Elite" series Berettas.
    Only $20 each (the basepads alone used to sell for $20).
    Beretta 92F 9mm 15rd Elite Tactical Mag/Rubber Pad New Factory

-rvb

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Come down to Warsaw this week end. I hear there might be 2 Stars out.
    Just a rummer !!!:dunno:

That was a fun match as always !!!

Brent

Brent, were you shooting revolver this weekend? Nice shooting if so:):

I can't make Warsaw this weekend but I want to make it down by the end of the year. This was only my 3rd match so I'm still getting my feet wet at Angola since its local, but I hope to branch out to a few other matches by the years end.

Aubrey

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Today's match at Angola was a pretty fun little club match. I had a blast, and next month may be even better.(heard talk of the texas star:):)

The people have spoken and your voices were heard. We'll have the TX Star out.
    Match is this Sunday, 3 July.
    It's a long weekend. Mow the yard on Saturday. Fire up the grill and launch the fireworks on Monday. Leaves you with plenty of time to make some smoke and noise Sunday.

What better way to celebrate our Country's independance than by exercising one of the rights you have as Americans that keeps us a free people?

Make Ready!

-rvb

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    A few firsts for me today, the star, disappearing silhouettes activated by poppers, and swingers.

I had a pretty terrible performance(zeroed out the classifer, dropped a mag in the middle of the course and didn't notice til it was to late among other things) but even a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Definitely a fun one either way. Thanks to all the R.O.s once again:yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom