• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Nope, and I sure as hell wouldn't have asked that question on the internet. I suggest deleting the OP (its already out there but no need to let the next 15 guys that come along quote you). I also wouldn't say another word about it ever again.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Nope. Best hope your friend shuts his trap before the Feds find him. His only legal option unless the firearm was registered is contact a gun friendly lawyer and work out an agreement to have it demilitarized and maybe converted to semi auto.

If I were him...he saw nothing, heard nothing, did nothing. His grandpa is prone to telling tall tales. Get my drift?

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    You know what I feel like is stupid/sad is I work with a former army sargeant that has told me he and others destroyed probably thousands of ak-47's during the Iraq occupation... If imported and sold to proper folks domestically they could have offset some cost of war effort in the Middle East...

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Nope, and I sure as hell wouldn't have asked that question on the internet. I suggest deleting the OP (its already out there but no need to let the next 15 guys that come along quote you). I also wouldn't say another word about it ever again.
    Isn't it silly that we even have to think like that??? Total bs that folks here have been subject to... The NFA is a joke!!!!!

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Is it true that full auto aks are like 20 grand?

Well, now that we have a new question in the OP, lets try and answer that:

I don't know that 20K is accurate, but I am sure that it is pretty darn close (assuming that we are talking about fully transferable) The last one I saw was 16K at the Indy 1500. That was only a couple of years ago.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Love how the OP was quoted in the first response...

hehe.

To the edited question:

It depends.

Presuming all is legal and on the up and up: Anywhere from $15k to $30k, depending on configuration.

If it was a semi-auto import that was converted into auto (when it was legal) and registered - expect lower price. The convertor of said gun can also cause that price to go higher (Think a Chip Foose hot rod Camero vs. Jim Bob Billy Boy Camero)

If it's an imported / bring back / amnesty-registered gun - expect higher retail prices.

Also ETA: If I ever "run across" a machine gun in a barn or an attic... I'm not gonna post anything about it on a webforum. So there.

-J-

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the last time I looked you could find legally converted full auto aks for around 12K. These were imported as semi-auto and then converted before the 86 ban. They only go up from there, and anything historically significant with provenance goes up up up as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom