• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Like clockwork, my fall allergies are here. Hay fever sucks! The week before labor day they start. Ugh. And they go on like crazy till at least the second good frost. Most days its bad enough I have to double up to get relief; A 24 hour like Allegra backed by a 6 hour sudafed allergy. Either or only takes the edge off. Benadryl is usually pretty good, except I just want to sleep.

But looking at the weather channel, pollen counts are low. Yeah right!

Somebody put me out of my misery.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep it's here. Same time frame. Sorry yours is so bad.

Home remedies?

I tried rinsing the sinuses last nite with a neti pot which usually helps. Caused earaches, apparently due to the insane amount of drainage. :( Normally it helps a bit and I dont have the ear problem. One flared up during the IDPA match today when I had to switch to my plugs because my muffs were annoying me.

Wife had me open the windows and turn on the window fans. I'm about to tell her to go to hell because this is insane. My parents got AC when I was a kid for this exact reason. I really dont need to be pumping in even MORE pollen into the house. I dont care HOW cool it is outside.

Back In a bit while I close the windows.

BTW, do either Houghmade or Kirk do divorces? I may need one...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tried rinsing the sinuses last nite with a neti pot which usually helps. Caused earaches, apparently due to the insane amount of drainage. :( Normally it helps a bit and I dont have the ear problem. One flared up during the IDPA match today when I had to switch to my plugs because my muffs were annoying me.

Wife had me open the windows and turn on the window fans. I'm about to tell her to go to hell because this is insane. My parents got AC when I was a kid for this exact reason. I really dont need to be pumping in even MORE pollen into the house. I dont care HOW cool it is outside.

Back In a bit while I close the windows.

BTW, do either Houghmade or Kirk do divorces? I may need one...

Does she actually realize how serious this is for a real allergy sufferer...???

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does she actually realize how serious this is for a real allergy sufferer...???

She does now. I just closed the windows and pointed out that I'm doubled up on meds and it looks like I havent taken anything. My foot firmly planted and for once it stayed there. :): I'll probably swap out the furnace filter with one of the allergy ones to try to help out a bit.

I really need to go get shots. I havent up to now because its typically only a couple months out of the year, and the next two weeks are the worst. After that I settle in to a reasonably effective regimen and survive until around halloween. I guess I have avoided them because 70% of the year I'm fine.

And she took it well. No lawyers needed yet. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She does now. I just closed the windows and pointed out that I'm doubled up on meds and it looks like I havent taken anything. My foot firmly planted and for once it stayed there. :): I'll probably swap out the furnace filter with one of the allergy ones to try to help out a bit.

I really need to go get shots. I havent up to now because its typically only a couple months out of the year, and the next two weeks are the worst. After that I settle in to a reasonably effective regimen and survive until around halloween. I guess I have avoided them because 70% of the year I'm fine.

And she took it well. No lawyers needed yet. :):

Stand your ground...........:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was getting ready to ask if you could post a pic of your wife and how much money [STRIKE]she'll[/STRIKE] you make? :):

My allergies aren't near that bad, just annoying. Usually jumping rope or humming will break up the congestion.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Right there with you.. I used to have balance and normal eyes.. Now a drunken stupor and someone stuffed marshmallows under my eye lids..that's on allergy med's. Feel your pain.. Especially in my head. Kinda late but if you buy local sourced honey it helps some..builds a immunity up. Puffs plus is your friend.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Like clockwork, my fall allergies are here. Hay fever sucks! The week before labor day they start. Ugh. And they go on like crazy till at least the second good frost. Most days its bad enough I have to double up to get relief; A 24 hour like Allegra backed by a 6 hour sudafed allergy. Either or only takes the edge off. Benadryl is usually pretty good, except I just want to sleep.

But looking at the weather channel, pollen counts are low. Yeah right!

Somebody put me out of my misery.

I used to suffer like that, until my doctor prescibed fluticasone nasal spray. Worked wonders for me. You can now buy it over the counter. One of the name brands is Flonase. But I just use the CVS version. It takes a week or two to take affect once you start using it. Get a bottle today and get started.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    My allergies started flaring up. About 4 hours after taking Flonase, I was all cleared up. It works so good for me that I forget to take another dose because I forget that I have alergies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No allergy issues but I would love a frost to kill the skeeters off. This is the worst I recall this time of year. I go to the garden and they about eat me alive.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Right there with you.. I used to have balance and normal eyes.. Now a drunken stupor and someone stuffed marshmallows under my eye lids..that's on allergy med's. Feel your pain.. Especially in my head. Kinda late but if you buy local sourced honey it helps some..builds a immunity up. Puffs plus is your friend.

Yep. I'd go broke on tissues. I cant be farther than arms reach from a handkerchief right now. Hell, several times last night I'd be typing and then drip.... Ugh.

And I tried local raw honey. Didnt help me. (but I wont dispute its effectiveness)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You have my sympathy. My wife and one of our dogs (yup, seriously) have wicked allergies this time of year, and again in spring.

No allergy issues but I would love a frost to kill the skeeters off. This is the worst I recall this time of year. I go to the garden and they about eat me alive.
    Same here. My wife and I are getting eaten every time we step foot outside. And they are now starting to get in. I was the Oprah Winfrey of mosquitoes yesterday - you get swatted, you get swatted, all of you get swatted

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Maybe look into intranasal red light therapy. Not sure if it works for allergies, but works great fit sinus infections. The vie light is one option or you can make your own for less than $20.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

This is what I expected this thread to be about! Those suckers need to DIE!!!!! I want to do stuff outside, but can't because they just swarm me every time I try.

Top Bottom