• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    columbus, indiana
    was just wondering what all do they do at the dinners i was thinking abut going to one but don't really know any one that goes so i really don't know if it is for me or not.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Basically they give you two dozen ways to donate money for NRA Foundation programs (scouts, youth programs, shooting ranges, hunter safety).

Lucky people go home with door prizes and sundry giveaways, luckier people get their tickets drawn for guns and gun stuff, or even a gun safe... then they auction of several NRA items, framed art, sculptures and gun related items and a few really nice guns, some silent auctions for nice items, usually some jewelry.

If you bid more than the item is worth then you get a tax form to deduct it from your taxes. Last year an AR went for ~$2500.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Here is a typical dinner in Wayne County. You arrive to the place of the dinner. You meet and greet with other guests. You walk around and look at all of the things that are either for the silent auction, the live auction, or the bucket prizes from which you put a ticket in the buckets of the prizes of your choice that you would like to win.

After a while they will call for everyone to take their seats and they will begin sending row by row of people to go get their plates and fill them. After everyone has had their meal, they begin dong introductions of the people that helped to put this program together and they they will start off with part of the program. Ours usually starts off with the silent Auction Items followed by the live auction and finishing with the bucket drawings for guns and prizes.

Last year I walked away with a Henry Golden Boy .22LR. I was thrilled to have won such a great prize for the $100 in tickets that I had invested.

It is a lot of fun and a chance to meet and talk to other Hunters, Shooters and Collectors and a great way to support youth shooting programs by the NRA.

Top Bottom