• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    South Bend Tribune: Shooting deaths of New Carlisle couple being investigated
    Here is the news article, Lisa 'martin' Simeri was the mother of a freind of mine. She leaves behind 3 sons the youngest of which I have known since elementry school. I have not heard from him since this happened Saturday.
    This will obviously be very hard on the family, A very good freind of us both is attempting to contact him and I have asked that he express condolences for both of us, as I don't want to bug him during this time of grieving.
    The victims son is a very nice guy, but also a very touph, slightly off the handle sort and I hope he will be able to keep it together and get past this tragedy.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Stand with your friend in this tough time. He needs a strong friend. Prayers sent.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Thanks for the prayers guys, Yes it was apparently her husband "freinds stepdad" killed her and then himself. I am more familiar with his dad, who lived closer to my neck of the woods.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Prayers sent

Keep em talking!

Years back a friend of mine had his sister and her husband murdered........Never found out who did it, and that would drive me crazy.............

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here is the news article, Lisa 'martin' Simeri was the mother of a freind of mine. She leaves behind 3 sons the youngest of which I have known since elementry school. I have not heard from him since this happened Saturday.
    This will obviously be very hard on the family, A very good freind of us both is attempting to contact him and I have asked that he express condolences for both of us, as I don't want to bug him during this time of grieving.
    The victims son is a very nice guy, but also a very touph, slightly off the handle sort and I hope he will be able to keep it together and get past this tragedy.

Dude, get a hold of your friend. One of the last people that he'd ever want to see pass just died...He needs all the comfort he can get. If he is anywhere near being a "close" friend, you need to be there.:twocents:

Not only do you need to be by his side right now, but here in a few days(after the funeral) you need to be calling him up and asking him if he wants to hang out...The last thing he needs is to sit there by himself dwelling on this horrible situation.

Go see a movie, play a video game, hang out, etc; anything to keep his mind off of it. Make him laugh.

It will get better over time and good friends/family will help him get through the "now."

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Dude, get a hold of your friend. One of the last people that he'd ever want to see pass just died...He needs all the comfort he can get. If he is anywhere near being a "close" friend, you need to be there.:twocents:

Not only do you need to be by his side right now, but here in a few days(after the funeral) you need to be calling him up and asking him if he wants to hang out...The last thing he needs is to sit there by himself dwelling on this horrible situation.

Go see a movie, play a video game, hang out, etc; anything to keep his mind off of it. Make him laugh.

It will get better over time and good friends/family will help him get through the "now."

Good post Joe.
    Prayers sent.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Few things have been truer and better written. Great advice.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A very good freind of us both is attempting to contact him and I have asked that he express condolences for both of us, as I don't want to bug him during this time of grieving.

CALL HIM. A friend called me at the precise moment the medical personnel stopped CPR on my daughter. I have not forgotten my friend's concern when I told him, "She's gone." I could not talk long as I had to help my wife and sons deal with this. But it was a great help to know my friend cared. I really appreciated the call at that moment. Call you friend. Talk to him. He needs you now more than ever before. CALL HIM.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

:+1:

I think the tendency is to think, "I don't want to get in the way by calling during this time." But from first-hand experience (see below, that was my sister bapak2ja mentioned, and I had similar experiences from my friends), it is incredibly encouraging to have friends calling and offering whatever they can. The offer may never be taken up, but it means a lot to have even been offered.

There's a country song out called "The Call" (click here, it is the first one in the list) that pretty much says the same thing, too. Make the call.

CALL HIM. A friend called me at the precise moment the medical personnel stopped CPR on my daughter. I have not forgotten my friend's concern when I told him, "She's gone." I could not talk long as I had to help my wife and sons deal with this. But it was a great help to know my friend cared. I really appreciated the call at that moment. Call you friend. Talk to him. He needs you now more than ever before. CALL HIM.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If he is a "good" friend, then you wont be bugging him, find him and give him someone he knows to lean on.

This.

A good friend of mine, his father died completely unexpectedly at age 53. I thought the same thing "Oh, I don't want to bother him." I couldn't have been more wrong- he needed friends to help hold him up through his difficult time. If you are close, seek him out and indicate your willingness to stay or go, whatever he prefers.

Top Bottom