• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My parents have a neighbor, who is a very nice guy. I never saw him as a gun guy. My Dad was telling me he target shoots, with his brother in laws. Sometime in the new year he wants to get a 9mm, so my Dad and I are going to help him choose a gun. Also a guy I work with, is talking about getting his permit and a handgun. He is going to get with me when he decides, so I can help him. I'm glad to see more people taking a proactive and positive approach to gun ownership, and safety for them and their families. Especially in a time, with a slumped economy and an increased crime rate.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    also some people think obama will eventually try take our guns away, I've had a few nutjob friends of mine ask me to help them pick out a good selfdefense weapon cuz they're sure the world will end in the near future

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I wish some of the people I know would get the picture. My neighbors and co-workers don't like to talk much about SHTF , let alone buying a gun. If (when) we go Argentina, the unarmed will be easy prey for crime.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My oldest brother, (59 and a big republican yet to boot), attacked me big time last night out of the blue. Angrily telling me handguns are over-priced and a senseless waste of my money which should be wisely spent elsewhere. I harshly found out last night that the person I thought I could trust the most is actually anti-handgun and strongly anti-CCW. He insists that his trusty .22 rifle is ample for home protection and CCW is totally absurd and just being paranoid. Before I could defend myself, I was quickly shut-up by my parents and wife to avoid the debate they knew was coming.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I feel your pain

My oldest brother, (59 and a big republican yet to boot), attacked me big time last night out of the blue. Angrily telling me handguns are over-priced and a senseless waste of my money which should be wisely spent elsewhere. I harshly found out last night that the person I thought I could trust the most is actually anti-handgun and strongly anti-CCW. He insists that his trusty .22 rifle is ample for home protection and CCW is totally absurd and just being paranoid. Before I could defend myself, I was quickly shut-up by my parents and wife to avoid the debate they knew was coming.

Our neighbors we thought were our friends(still are,I guess) have become really close to some new neighbors who voted for Big O AND ARE ANT-GUN. :rolleyes: Now ,we are no longer invited to any of their common shindigs.Before they came they seemed to be glad to have armed, trusted neighbors watching out. Another trusted relative who has SHTF covered is convinced that using a gun in SD outside the home is certain arrest and lost lawsuit. But when we go out to his woods he asks if I have my "peashooter" on me.:draw: Maybe in a calm,quiet moment by yourselves you and your brother could at least to agree to disagree.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Better than neighbors, my wife who has never been a gun lover, and after knowing a few folks whose homes have been broken into, suggested that maybe it is time for her to learn to shoot a gun......THERE IS A GOD...

Now I will probably have to by more guns and a lot more ammo:ar15::hehe:

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I really think that people, hearing about all the crime in just about every area, are taking to their basic instinct of self preservation. Certainly the political climate probably lends to the better do it now or not later at all attitude, but I really believe people realize they are responsible to protect their family and themselves.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I finally got through to my uncle as well. He served in the Army back in Nam, but has hardly touched a gun since. Now with the increasing crime rate he is wanting to get a HD shotgun and pistol. I helped him pick them out and decide what he wanted. Now he just has to get them. But there's more family I still need to work on :(

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I help people all of the time.

All of my friends are either "gun guys" or on the border...Most of my friends think my collection is a bit excessive, but they especially don't mind when they are deciding on a new gun or their first gun.

I've pushed about a dozen people off of the fence and into gun ownership and have went with several others to pick one out because they just decided they want one on their own and asked for my advice. Both are good feelings, but converting someone gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.:D

Top Bottom