Friday Night Steel -- March 13th (Friday the 13th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My 13 year old daughter went and shot in her first competition and only missed 5 times out of 100+ rounds :yesway:

Great job! You sound like a proud dad!

This was my first time at FNS, and I was pleased with the event. It was well run, highly organized and smooth. Very nice stages.It was a great time and thanks to all the stellar folks in Squad 1.

It was nice to put some faces with names from the forum.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Great job! You sound like a proud dad!

This was my first time at FNS, and I was pleased with the event. It was well run, highly organized and smooth. Very nice stages.It was a great time and thanks to all the stellar folks in Squad 1.

It was nice to put some faces with names from the forum.

I really am and I even managed to finish without a DQ!

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Seriously?! 79 entries AND it was friggin' COLD!!!!! You guys are hard-core! It was a great time though. I am scared to death how many shooters will come out when it's actually warm!

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    FNS Results

The results are done and I thought I could attach them in this post. Either I can't find how or I can't do it.

Since I can't see straight at the moment (and the other computer is not on) I will be post on the MCFG website in the morning.

Everybody is probably in bed by now anyway! :)

-Adam

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The results are done and I thought I could attach them in this post. Either I can't find how or I can't do it.

Since I can't see straight at the moment (and the other computer is not on) I will be post on the MCFG website in the morning.

Everybody is probably in bed by now anyway! :)

-Adam

Nuh uh, some of us have video converting/editing to do :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Mornin'. . . .

Its 7:30am and I'm back at work. . .yuck.

Thanks to all the FNS organizers and ROs for putting on a great evening of shooting. There were so many people that I KNOW I didn't get to meet all the INGOers. I had a great time, and bigcraig and shooter521 walked me through all the rules and basic procedures. Now that I've got those down I'll be able to focus more on my shooting and bring up my scores some more next month.

Dinner at BW3s was excellent, and the company even better!

See everyone in April!

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    FNS Results

Wow - I really was tired last night when I finished these results. I realized this morning that I did not need the other computer to post the results to the website this.

THE RESULTS ARE POSTED! Get them Here: http://www.indyrange.com/Programs/FNS/Results/FNS Results 09-03-13.pdf Congrats to the winners and all the great times.

I would like to thank everyone that came out and made the shoot a great event last night. We had our largest turnout ever last night and everything ran smoothly.

Last - I would also like to thank everyone that helped setup, helped RO'ing, helped recording the scores and helped tear down. It is all greatly appreciated.

-Adam

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Seriously?! 79 entries AND it was friggin' COLD!!!!! You guys are hard-core! It was a great time though. I am scared to death how many shooters will come out when it's actually warm!

I believe the term you are looking for is a little cold. Friggin' cold requires dry lubricant and no exposed skin. I didn't even have to wear gloves when shooting.

I really had a good time. I learned that shooting two guns kinda messes with your mind. Pistol to Rifle to Pistol to ... :D It is amazing how quickly your time counts up when your equipment doesn't run.

I also learned that I need to get a good .22 Pistol to afford to do this.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    You sure got the results posted quickly!

My son and I had a great time, and he is thrilled with 4th place in .22 pistol. This is the best he has done so far (it was his 5th steel match). Coach: thanks for your patience and for working with him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    nice meeting some of you.. thanks for the event.

Old school,

What squad did you shoot with? Who were you ROs? Every month we make this same mistake where we meet people but forget to ask them what they online persona is called. :):

Glad to hear you had a good match.

In other news, CONGRATS Repair and Little Repair. Sounds like a successful night for both.

Looking forward to April.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    You sure got the results posted quickly!

My son and I had a great time, and he is thrilled with 4th place in .22 pistol. This is the best he has done so far (it was his 5th steel match). Coach: thanks for your patience and for working with him.

Congrates on 4th! Jessica got 7th on her 1st time out..... I'm having some fun teasing her about being beat by a younger boy.......LOL

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Congrates on 4th! Jessica got 7th on her 1st time out..... I'm having some fun teasing her about being beat by a younger boy.......LOL

Your daughter finished really well for her first time. She was only 25-seconds behind my son. Maybe we could squad together next time to incite some competition:)

Top Bottom