Friday Night Steel 5-14-10 WOO HOOO!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well, this Friday is the next FNS. Weather looks good so I'm expecting to see a lot of familiar faces this time. I hope to see a lot of new faces as well 'cuz new shooters are always welcome!!

For details, please visit our web site:
    Steel at Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

Feel free to ask questions here as well.

For folks who are new to this sport, you should bring 150 rounds of ammo and 5 magazines/speedloaders for the gun you plan to run. Target distance is ~40 feet and there are 4-7 targets per stage. There are 5 stages. :ingo:

As always, safety is our #1 priority!
    IMG_4519-1.jpg

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You'll have a newbie out there this Friday, so please be gentle. :baby::laugh:

You going to use that Carbine? My son and I will be there. Going to use the 22/45 .... still need bit more trigger time on the Glock 17. Why did I check this site during lunch ... now all I can thing about is Friday. Not good on a Monday.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Depending on work, I might be there again for my 2nd time. I did so bad last time, ok I sucked it up!,I had planned on taking a class thru Rhino's ACT training before I try FNS again. But someone told me that going again might be helpful too. So I dunno yet. I don't want to embarass myself again. But then again......

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ill be there as usual, I think I have convinced my dad to go again. The old man doesnt like the cold weather haha. Hopefully this time the plate rack will be more friendly..its killing my overall time horribly..

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    It's Official

Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, May 14th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.
    FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    We have Friday Night Steel bumper stickers available for purchase. They can be purchased during sign in at all Friday Night Steel events.
    If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

If you wish to be removed from this list, please email me and you will be promptly removed.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    As always we could use some help with volunteering to RO. If this is something that you have been wanting to try please let me or your RO know. This sport is run by Volunteers and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I'll be there w Hickman. I'm the new shooter he mentioned. Should have my new STI Brazo Custom. Need to test the new toy! Work n Plainfield. Prob. Beat JC there, I'll help setup. I get of @ 3:30 - 4. Let me knw I'll come in early ifavailable.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You going to use that Carbine? My son and I will be there. Going to use the 22/45 .... still need bit more trigger time on the Glock 17. Why did I check this site during lunch ... now all I can thing about is Friday. Not good on a Monday.

Yep, I'll probably go with the Kel Tec and the H&K.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom