• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I assume the people of Vermont would rather keep the right to buy their own but obviously the politicians they elected didn't want that for them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Recoil" still exists?
    ****ing Anti-Gun Rat Bastard Traitors. :xmad:

I will never forget, nor should I.

Good on Magpul though. :):

Dave M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    "Recoil" still exists?
    ****ing Anti-Gun Rat Bastard Traitors. :xmad:

I will never forget, nor should I.

Good on Magpul though. :):

Well, I can speak to that.

That was Issue #4. Issue #36 just came out.

Not only was the Editor in Chief let go, not a single member of editorial staff then is involved with the magazine now. No one that had any content control then is still with the magazine. In fact, the ownership isn't even the same.

If you do a little googling, however, you *may* find some of the people that were involved in that eyesore issue writing/editing for OTHER gun magazines.

The current RECOIL Editor-In-Chief left his home country because of **** gun laws and moved to the United States. Every single member of editorial staff owns NFA weapons, most of them have machineguns, and they want everyone else to have them too.

To be perfectly clear, editorial staff of RECOIL consists of:
    Iain Harrison
    Rob Curtis
    Dave Merrill (me)
    Candice Horner
    Tom Marshall

You won't see a single one of those names in Issue #4, nor before. For a reason.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Glad you guys have re-organized.

I can't shake the fact that the magazine/owner stood behind him even when the advertisers were dropping the mag. Then the editor blamed it on a "Misunderstanding" then blamed H&K itself, ext....
    If I remember right, Jerry Tsai was promoted to a car magazine owned by the same publishing company/owner.

That Charlie Brown Cloud is going to be hard to run from. (especially when people keep bringing it up years later) :rolleyes:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, I can speak to that.

That was Issue #4. Issue #36 just came out.

Not only was the Editor in Chief let go, not a single member of editorial staff then is involved with the magazine now. No one that had any content control then is still with the magazine. In fact, the ownership isn't even the same.

If you do a little googling, however, you *may* find some of the people that were involved in that eyesore issue writing/editing for OTHER gun magazines.

The current RECOIL Editor-In-Chief left his home country because of **** gun laws and moved to the United States. Every single member of editorial staff owns NFA weapons, most of them have machineguns, and they want everyone else to have them too.

To be perfectly clear, editorial staff of RECOIL consists of:
    Iain Harrison
    Rob Curtis
    Dave Merrill (me)
    Candice Horner
    Tom Marshall

You won't see a single one of those names in Issue #4, nor before. For a reason.

Thanks for that background Dave. I hadn't heard of the controversy prior to reading this thread.

I think what Rob Curtis and Magpul are doing in Vermont is awesome.

Dave M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Glad you guys have re-organized.

I can't shake the fact that the magazine/owner stood behind him even when the advertisers were dropping the mag. Then the editor blamed it on a "Misunderstanding" then blamed H&K itself, ext....
    If I remember right, Jerry Tsai was promoted to a car magazine owned by the same publishing company/owner.

That Charlie Brown Cloud is going to be hard to run from. (especially when people keep bringing it up years later) :rolleyes:

Like I said, we don't even have the same owners anymore. I've been with RECOIL from one degree or another since Issue 15, and Jerry doesn't come up unless I have to respond to an email about it. But when it does come up, I feel I have a responsibility to say something.

We've got the same name and logo, but we're a far better magazine now than 30 issues ago.

Top Bottom