Free - Ladies Only Basic Handgun Course - Freedom, IN / Sycamore Valley Gun Club and Sycamore Valley Conservation and Education Foundation

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GenMischief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    Indiana
    Where/Who:

Details:
    We host a free annual ladies-only basic course for our community. All ladies interested are welcome to attend. The course follows the NRA basic handgun coursework and has always been very well received by the students. There is a deposit to hold your slot, but that is returned to the students on the day of the course, so it really is free. Sadly a few years back we had a lot of no-shows, so we pivoted to the deposit model.

The instructors are NRA Instructor Certified. The live fire portion is optional but highly encouraged. We also feed the students a nice lunch. :D

Further details are found in the flyer on the signup link. Please feel free to share with anyone you feel would be interested in attending.

Thanks!

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Let me try to understand this!!! I do want my wife to have as much training as possible.

You are not even an INGO member with any privileges (unless I’m missing something).

You are a plinker, with no creds, and you want my wife/me to Sign Up and give you my/her/our legal name and e-mail address? Through a second party. (INGO) Plus you want money ahead of time? What am I missing?

Excuse me please while I check this out. I don’t see anything about last year. (In your link)

Forgive me if I’m unduly concerned about this, I’m new here also. Hope you understand. It’s possible that after doing my own due diligence, we could attend.

GenMischief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    Indiana
    Let me try to understand this!!! I do want my wife to have as much training as possible.

You are not even an INGO member with any privileges (unless I’m missing something).

You are a plinker, with no creds, and you want my wife/me to Sign Up and give you my/her/our legal name and e-mail address? Through a second party. (INGO) Plus you want money ahead of time? What am I missing?

Excuse me please while I check this out. I don’t see anything about last year. (In your link)

Forgive me if I’m unduly concerned about this, I’m new here also. Hope you understand. It’s possible that after doing my own due diligence, we could attend.
    Sure, let me see if I can address some of your concerns.

1. INGO member / "plinker" / Deposit - That is correct, I don't use this site much, only recently involving myself with it. I'm usually shooting instead. ;) In the past, we had accepted enrollment without a deposit, and we ended up with far more volunteers present than students. To make it fair for all the volunteers who show up to help run things, we instituted the deposit process. We're a club, not a business. We don't have employees. So this way, the student has some incentive to attend as scheduled and we don't mistreat our members who are volunteering. Your deposit is returned to you on the day of the course. As to the web form, the second party is Google, frankly, that's more secure than some primitive HTML I could create. ;) I do hear your concerns though and they are not unreasonable. PM me for an alternative if you would like.

2. Last year / Check things out - We held a small class with about 12 folks attending. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I'd like to see a full course of 25 this year. For some history, sadly, our primary instructor had passed away a year or two prior year, so we had a short hiatus. It was her passion project and she had run the course for many years. Last year was our "reboot" year. One other club member (both NRA certified) and I started teaching it again. We feel it's a valuable service and worth the work.

As to checking things out, please feel free to do so. You can PM me any questions you might have, google around, etc.

3. No forgiveness needed - I am an internet stranger to you, and you to me. Nothing wrong with asking questions.

Edit: I clarified some points, corrected some grammar, etc. I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and respond when I saw the post, and my sleep-addled brain did the best it could. However, now rested and awake, I took a chance to polish things up a bit today. :) I hope this clarifies things. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom