• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    PerFecta 9mm, made in Italy and imported by Tulammo. Looked and shot very similar to Tula BrassMax ammo that I've picked up at Walmart previously. $13.97 for a box of 50 rounds.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Seems about the same price as the 100 round value packs.

I have shot the Brassmax ammo and it is cleaner than Tula steel case. Plus it doesn't have the nasty smell that Tula seems to have.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Seems about the same price as the 100 round value packs.

I have shot the Brassmax ammo and it is cleaner than Tula steel case. Plus it doesn't have the nasty smell that Tula seems to have.

Agreed, this seemed very similar. Didn't seem as accurate as the American Eagle Federal I was shooting, but was similar to the WWB. Seemed like good plinking ammo and the price was right. I prefer when they have the BrassMax in stock because it's less than $25 for a 100 round box, but Walmart doesn't seem to have it very often.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was in a Muncie walmart last weekend and couldn't believe all the ammo they had in stock.

I picked up a couple hundred more 9mm. They had a wide selection. No 22lr of course, but just about everything else. I might go again today just to nib

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    That's fantastic 9mm ammo, check the lot numbers inside the boxes and you will find it's manufactured by Giulio Fiocchi Italy for Tullammo USA. They don't typically neuter their 9mm loads like some cheap low pressure garbage you'll find at China Mart.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's fantastic 9mm ammo, check the lot numbers inside the boxes and you will find it's manufactured by Giulio Fiocchi Italy for Tullammo USA. They don't typically neuter their 9mm loads like some cheap low pressure garbage you'll find at China Mart.

Thank you for that information. I really like Fiocchi ammo, so I'm gonna head back to Walmart and buy a few more boxes if there's any left.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Nasty smell? Almost as fragrant as Hoppes #9!!

Hoppes is a nice smell. Fired Tula ammo not so much. Don't know if it is the primers, the powder or the ground up whatever that they put in there but it all stinks.

Normally I love me the smell of some empty casings.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Hoppes is a nice smell. Fired Tula ammo not so much. Don't know if it is the primers, the powder or the ground up whatever that they put in there but it all stinks.

Normally I love me the smell of some empty casings.

Isn't it the lacquer they put on there that's stinky? Smells like a nail salon.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Guess I should mention this was the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood. I went back this morning and picked up another few boxes. There were 3 or 4 boxes left, plus around 2 dozen boxes of Federal Champion for about a buck more a box.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Guess I should mention this was the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood. I went back this morning and picked up another few boxes. There were 3 or 4 boxes left, plus around 2 dozen boxes of Federal Champion for about a buck more a box.

Hoarder! :):

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I talked to the Tula rep at the NRA Convention. He said it was basically the same thing, it was just a marketing rebrand for the Italian stuff. I believe they were also selling some Bosnian made ammo under the Brass Maxx brand, though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's no walmart on 31 in Greenwood.

Just sayin.

Whatever. Just outside of Greenwood. Actually Indianapolis but it's close enough that I've always considered it Greenwood. Not to sound like a jerk, as you're right ;)

Indianapolis
    7245 Us 31 S, Indianapolis, IN 46227
    (317) 888-7906

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'll hold off a bit longer 'til the price comes down some more. But I'll sure give it a try in a year or three, thanks!

Top Bottom