Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club Sanctioned CMP Rimfire Sporter Match Sept. 25th

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nimrodf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Hi folks, I'm new to this forum but "JetGirl" who also is a member of RFC suggested that I post the announcement of our CMP Rimfire Sporter match over here, so I have. Thanks, nimrodf

Here's the "Official" announcement:

Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver CMP Rimfire Sporter Match

Date of Match: 9/25/2010

Sponsor: Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Club

Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home
    http://www.fwrr.us/images/Area_Map_BW.jpg
    http://www.fwrr.us/images/Local_Map.jpg

Open To:
    US citizens eligible per CMP rules. Shooters under 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. All Competitors (18 or older) must have “Eligibility Affidavit and Liability Agreement” on file at FWRR or present at registration. http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Nation...ilityAgree.pdf

How to Enter:
    Pre-registration is recommended but walk-ons are welcome. Preregistration does not obligate you to attend. You may fire in more than one relay. To pre-register or for more info, contact Ken Johnson, 260-402-9199, re_tread@hotmail.com.

Entry Fees:

$10.00 for the 1st relay shot; an additional $5 for each additional relay shot.

Time Schedule:

Registration and Match start to begin promptly per the schedule. Please arrive on-time.

2nd relay will only take place if sufficient pre-registration occurs and/or sufficient walk-ons are present during the 2nd relay registration period. A 3rd relay may take place if sufficient interest exists after the 2nd relay is completed.

Course of Fire:
    60 shot Rimfire Sporter – 3 position shooting (50yd Prone, 50yd Sitting/Kneeling, 25yd Standing); 10 shot slow-fire and two strings of 5 shots rapid-fire per position; 10 minute slow-fire stages, 25 second rapid-fire stages for semi-automatics, 30 seconds for bolt-action per 5 shot string; Rapid-fire stages require start from standing position and transition to sitting/kneeling or prone position; No refires or alibis due to rifle or ammunition malfunctions.

Rules:
    Official CMP Rimfire Sporter Rules http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/rimfire.pdf
    Rifles allowed: Any .22 Long Rifle cal. rifle; weighing 7.5 lbs. or less; trigger pull 3 lbs.or more; plain stock; manual or semi-automatic action. Sling permitted for prone and seated. Separate classes for iron sights and scopes (6-power maximum). Variable power will be taped. New Tactical Class allows .22LR rifles that are modeled after the popular AR-type sporting rifles. See CMP rules for details.

Awards:

CMP Rimfire Sporter Achievement Pins

Other Information:

Bring your own hearing and eye protection, ammunition (recommend bringing 65-75 rounds per relay shot), a shooting mat or 2' x 6' piece of carpet or some other ground cover, spotting scope or binoculars for spotting your shots (optional), and food/snacks and something drink. Recommend pre-sighting in your rifle at 50yds and bringing your sight adjustment tools. Recommend reading CMP Rimfire Sporter Rules and practicing the shooting positions if you are unfamiliar with them.

Update 9-22-10: Starting times for the relays:

1st Relay Registration Time = 9:30am (Relay Full)
    sthumb.gif

2nd Relay Registration Time = 11:30am (Relay Open)
    3rd Relay Registration Time = 1:30pm (Relay Open)

Sorry I missed the time on the first posting
    bonk.gif

Nathan

Last edited:

Ninetoes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Just an FYI about this match. The first relay is full. The registration for the 2nd relay starts at 11:30am. Not sure we will have a 3rd relay yet. Based purely on sign up, probably not, but I may get some walk-ons that will change that. If interested, call or email the contact (me) above.

Thanks
    Ken

Ninetoes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have the setup for 8 firing points. I am limited by the existing 50yd target holders on the 100yd line. Given the level of participation so far, 8 points is enough to have available and for me to safely run myself without extra line support. Perhaps next year we can expand if need be.

Ken

nimrodf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Dean, per Ken the grass is mess up in front of the concert... So we'll just have to "double" up...:rockwoot:besides with the number of cross fires I do, the closer the better for the other folk:tantrum:

Nathan

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm going to try to make it up there to observe. I've never shot in any form of competition but would like to learn.

nimrodf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Colt556,

Please come out. There's always plenty of folk with extra rifles and ammo is no problem. The CMP sport match besides being a kick in the pants in it's own right is a great introduction to how matches work, range safety, position shooting etc. Besides some really good shots we'll have at least one NRA High Power Master there (we're making him shoot with a 16" barrel :hehe: no not really that's what he's going to try) and everyone is really helpful. So come out see what it about. After all it's not every competition where a seven year old can clean your clock...

nimrodf

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Colt556, trust me on this, there is nothing more boring than watching a rifle match. Be sure to have a 22 rifle and 100 rounds of ammo with you or you will regret it. Don't worry about being a newbie, it is real likely you will not be the only one. Just listen to the guy running the line and ask for help. We will all jump in to help you have a good time.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This sounds awesome and I want to try it! But currently, I've got a LOT of stuff going on and can't see my way clear to make it there.
    I hope it goes over big so you continue to set up more in the future!
    And if so...keep it posted up here!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Thanks for posting! I'd love to try it, but my Saturday is spoken for already. When is your next one?

Ninetoes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Thanks for your interest JetGirl, Hawkeye, Colt556, and 42769vette. The 9/25 match is the last FWRR sponsored match this year. I hope to get more than the three dates we had this year. This was somewhat of a trial year for it at FWRR. I'm also hoping we can squeeze in a Rimfire Sporter Clinic as well next year.

Keep an eye the FWRR Rimfire Sporter page after the 1st of the year for the 2011 schedule:

FWRR... Rimfire Sporter

Also keep an eye on the CMPs competition tracker page for other CMP Sanctioned Rimfire Sporter matches in your area.

Match Upcoming Search

Thanks
    Ken

Top Bottom