Ford Dealer Questions - New Vehicle Warranty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've been shopping around for a potential replacement vehicle, and I'm leaning strongly towards the new Ford F-150.

I've found some gently used examples that are competitively priced, but apparently they were initially registered/bought in Canada. In fact, there is a used-car dealer in Lafayette with loads of these North-of-the-border trucks with around 3,000 miles that are pretty good deals for the model configurations.

A co-worker of mine was aware of the issue, and said this is apparently something of a common practice due to the difference in currency values/exchange. He mentioned something of there being potential issues with the warranty coverage. I was wondering if any INGOers worked for a Ford dealer who might be able to weigh in and see if that is the case or not.

I'd hate be be "hosed" with a new to me vehicle that didn't have any warranty if I was under the impression there was one. I was already looking at buying a new discounted/rebate laden model from a local dealer unless the price difference becomes too great to ignore.

:ingo:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I work in a body shop and I am not a fan of the new aluminum f150. Love the truck but hate the metal. Repairs cost way more. PDR guys around here charge more and the corrosion will b bad in my opinion. But again it's just my opinion.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just purchased a 2016 F-150 supercab (2.7 ecoboost with 4x4 and 302A package). Ford's 3yr/36,000mi warranty is pretty weak considering most others offer 100k on powertrain. But, I just learned Capital City Ford offers a 100k mile warranty free with all their vehicles. If you deal with them, they may honor this on a used vehicle that is still under factory warranty.

Only have 2600 miles on it so far, and I'm happy with it so far.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I just purchased a 2016 F-150 supercab (2.7 ecoboost with 4x4 and 302A package). Ford's 3yr/36,000mi warranty is pretty weak considering most others offer 100k on powertrain. But, I just learned Capital City Ford offers a 100k mile warranty free with all their vehicles. If you deal with them, they may honor this on a used vehicle that is still under factory warranty.

Only have 2600 miles on it so far, and I'm happy with it so far.

Did you buy from Capitol City Ford?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It's a Ford, not a Chevy, or even a Ram for that matter. You don't need a warranty

Yeah right. If their new trucks is anything like my new car you need to buy the extended warranty

I've had 4 Ford vehicles, 2 of them being older trucks (2001s) and they were great. This "new" vehicle......it's crap

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I imagine the warranty would still be honored but personally I would contact Ford USA's 800 number and confirm that just to be on the safe side.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

This ^^^^^. The Toyota we did a pre-purchase inspection on was listed on the dealer website as having a full warranty. When you looked at the fine print it was a dealer warranty, not a factory warranty.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I imagine the warranty would still be honored but personally I would contact Ford USA's 800 number and confirm that just to be on the safe side.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

This. Plus have the salesman and/or sales manager put everything in writing. Multiple people signing the contract helps cover the normally high turnaround in the car sales business.

Top Bottom