• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I use a lee load master for my Pistol rounds... It fit my budget, it does what I want it to do and as fast as I need it to...I like the press. My question is about Primers. Lee specifically says to use CCI primers only ! Any other primer may explode while being inserted into the case because of the fact they are softer. .... That being said, we all know CCI primers are the most expensive on the Market. Do any of you Load master guys use anything else ??? and if so what brand and how long have you been using them ?

Thank you
    Pat

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    it specifically says no federal primers. i have used cci and remington with no problem. you can use federal but it says to use the blast shield just in case.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    My instructions specifically said Winchester and CCI only, however I think I read recently that now Lee recommends only CCI and Federal. Might be worth an email to Lee to find out.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I used Magtech my last batch of 9mm on a lee pro 1000. It's all Profire had when I went there a couple of months ago.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have used CCI, Remington, Winchester, and Wolf both large and small pistol. I had a primer tray decide to detonate, and guess what, it was a tray of CCI 300 large pistol.

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    Mike8170... That's the kind of answer I was looking for. I also had a friend who had some CCI detonate on him too. The Guy I buy some supplies off of sells Winchester, he has to special order the CCI for me. He told me he could sell me the Winchester primers cheaper if I would use them ??? So I don't know...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I haven't had any issues with CCI, Wolf, Remington, Winchester or Federal primers on my Pro1000 (which, if I'm not mistaken, uses the same priming system as the Loadmaster). I stopped using Wolf for other reasons, and I seem to get my mitts on CCI most frequently, but they all have seemed to feed and seat fine.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm glad to see everyone saying for the most part that they have been problem free. I came across a great deal on a Loadmaster two weeks ago, and after reading all the reviews, I was a little nervous.

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    The only real issue I have with my load master is the Priming system ? Every once in a while it just doesnt put in a primer.... It might skip one then run the next 50 just fine. I would say maybe 2 or 3 out of 100 will faill to prime. I don't see anything wrong in there so I just go with it. I still like the press.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Guess I'll chime in. I have 2 Loadmasters and have used CCI, Winchester and Wolf (small and large pistol) with no issues. Never tried Federals since I was advised against it.

Had a primer detonate once, but that was my fault not the primer (winchester, I think). Hope that helped...

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    The only real issue I have with my load master is the Priming system ? Every once in a while it just doesnt put in a primer.... It might skip one then run the next 50 just fine. I would say maybe 2 or 3 out of 100 will faill to prime. I don't see anything wrong in there so I just go with it. I still like the press.

If you don't have it already, get the latest primer feed assembly from Lee. It is a HUGE improvemet over the old one.

Top Bottom