• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'd like to start a thread for newbies in the hopes that it will get stickied like the FAQs.This would be a thread explaining all of the great INGO tales,legends,and lore.References that always seem to pop up in threads that some new people may not be privy to or on-going things like the Official Status Update Thread .Please post the reference and either an explanation or a link(if it's still viewable).

What better way to welcome new members than to allow them to laugh with us instead of them feeling like the outcasts in the corner scratching their heads.

First example:

Wallet

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tate-trooper-stole-my-wallet-arrested-me.html

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Finally the legend of wallet is revealed. How did I miss that one. I was around then?

I second the vote for a sticky!!! :yesway:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bacon...because BACON.

I almost forgot:

-1 Burger King
    Barbecued Beaver
    Girls with Guns

I'm on my phone, so you'll have to look them up...if you can find them...

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I'd like to start a thread for newbies in the hopes that it will get stickied like the FAQs.This would be a thread explaining all of the great INGO tales,legends,and lore.References that always seem to pop up in threads that some new people may not be privy to or on-going things like the Official Status Update Thread .Please post the reference and either an explanation or a link(if it's still viewable).

What better way to welcome new members than to allow them to laugh with us instead of them feeling like the outcasts in the corner scratching their heads.

First example:

Wallet

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tate-trooper-stole-my-wallet-arrested-me.html

That is a rough story... Sounds like my luck.

There are a lot of abbreviations/acronyms used in posts. Can you shed some light?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't ever bring up OC vs CC or Glock vs 1911

Not sure about that one. The gun arguments are actually about:
    -OC/CC
    -Glock vs. 1911 vs. everyone else
    -9mm/.40/.45

Newbies still need to be able to ask about them. Those are direct gun topics. However, it is perfectly reasonable to inform them that those topics are "religious" in nature and to understand that they may not get a simple/straight answer.

Top Bottom