• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lf19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Traveling on business in IL, found 22 LR at Gander Mountain. Waited in line with a bunch of retirees and then was asked for my FOID card. No ammo for me. What a dumb state. So glad I live in IN. We have it so good here.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There is no law preventing them from selling ammo to you as an Indiana resident without a FOID card.

Perhaps they've created a policy, but no law.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    no law preventing you from buying long gun ammo...some argue they can't sell you pistol ammo...not that 'pistol' ammo exists. The only ammo that I've seen no rifles for is .25acp. Bogus arse covering ,if you ask me. If they won't sell you long gun ammo with your Indiana drivers license then they're just plain stupid.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you are an Indiana resident then the FOID requirement does not apply to you.

Ask for a manager and ask to see the Illinois State Police memo that Wal-Mart issues to its Illinois stores.

Be patient, smile.

...and remember that you are at Gander Mountain. :):

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    If you are not a resident of Illinois you can buy ammo for any RIFLE, but not a pistol. My friend owns a lgs and I hear him asking all the time, is this ammo for a rifle?

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    I was in Soviet Chicago last month on business. I stopped in a LGS and asked to look at a Chiappa Rhino. They wouldn't even take it out of the glass case for me without presenting a FOID.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Some check them at the door. Something to do with a guy asked to look at a gun, pulled out a loaded mag for it, an shot everyone. At least that's what I was told.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Former Crook county resident chiming in...

Well, I don't know about the shooting, but for checking them at the door, why not? You can't buy ammo without a FOID and I believe someone intetionally handing a gun to you is a "transfer" per Illinois code and illegal without an FOID. Stupid Illinois...

The Cabela's in Hammond asks for my FOID everytime I give them my cell number (708 area code). Stupid Indiana/Illinois border store...

Top Bottom