• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Thanks to David at 21st Century Firearms, my father and I both picked up new FNP45s tonight. We also got an Uncle Mikes Sidekick holster #5 for plinking around the yard until we get custom fit holster made.

Will run a box of Federal through each one tomorrow. Thanks again David! :rockwoot:

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Well, considering these are the first autoloading pistols we have ever shot, we were very impressed with how smooth they functioned and how little the recoil was for being a 45ACP.

Previously, dad shot league with a Ruger GP100 in .357 Mag, and he was hesitant with getting the 45ACP due to recoil. However, after shooting them, we both had huge grins on our mugs. I've read on fnforum.net that the FNP45 was designed to have recoil less than or close to that of a 9MM.

Muzzle flip was very controllable and the sights reset on target without much input from me. I found that the FNP45 sights fell right on target when being drawn, and I can't say that about the XD45 Compact that we were originally going to purchase.

Because of the -13* wind chill up here, we only ran 2 mags each through our guns. From the first round to the last one we both shot, we agreed each action was really smooth. The brass was ejected and laid nicely in a 2' circle about 5' away at the 4o'clock position. Only the first couple of rounds bounced off the top of my head. :D After running 28 rounds through each gun, we found them to be impressively clean after fieldstripping them each. After shooting 5 rouns out of my AR it looks like a carbon bomb went off in the receiver. ;)

When the weather warms up, or we decide to go to the local indoor range, I will take some time to alter my stance and grip to see how it helps me shoot. I found my point of impact was about 1" right of my point of aim, and my dad found his to be 1" left. I am left-handed and he is right-handed so I'm not entirely sure what that says, but I'm sure our beginners' death grip on the guns contributed to that fact. We're extremely happy with these so far!

Mine on top-right, dad's on center.
    DSC00969.jpg

Dad...
    DSC00954.jpg

Me...
    DSC00956.jpg

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I really do like it. It also has interchangeable backstraps. I use the flat one as I have skinny, bony hands and it feels better. Dad uses the curved one.

Either way, I didn't get the external safety model (USG). Therefore, it has no safety, except for the internal mechanical safeties that disengage only when the trigger is depressed. The lever on the rear part of the frame is a decocking lever for the hammer, and it is nice to have I must say. You can't keep it cocked and locked for carry, but you can keep the hammer in the decocked position and either cock the hammer the rest of the way back during draw, or simply draw and pull the trigger in double-action mode.

I can't wait to shoot it more.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I cant seem to find any Fnp-45 USG models for sale...anyone have any idea where to look im looking for the stainless bitone...i want the usg for the safety lever cuz i wanna be able to carry cocked and locked.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    He said it was only $10 more than the non USG model.
    The safety has three positions. Up for safety, middle for fire, and press down to decock.

Top Bottom